Thursday, 18 February 2021

Watching and waiting.

I've been waiting anxiously for the Amaryllis to open. She was given to me at Christmas by a lovely neighbour.
The photo was taken last night. 
For some reason the date isnt registering on my camera.


A little later last night.

This morning at about 9am


Finally, this beauty emerged this afternoon.

I have never seen an Amaryllis quite like this.



 
And there are still two more flowers to open!
 

21 comments:

ann said...

She is a real beauty. I see that you don't have any snow. My other English friends in Yorkshire and Leicishterhsire (I know I didn't spell that correctly) have snow. Your garden looks springy and pretty. We, too, have snow and it is very cold. I am sure that your amaryllis makes you smile when you look at her lovely face.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Gorgeous! It looks like it has more to open.Love the color

Jackie said...

What a beautiful flower. The colour is quite outstanding.

God bless.

Linda Baker said...

Just lovely..What a joy to have in this middle of winter..
Blessings, Linda

ellen b. said...

That is a beauty! Love the colors...

Sara said...

That's a beautiful one. I love the delicate colors. Been seeing lot of these on Instagram lately too. So pretty.

Elderberry-Rob said...

that is very beautiful. I do love them and they last for ages too.

Chris said...

Beautiful, no need to say anything else!

Deanna Rabe said...

That's a lovely one! The color is beautiful!

Mary said...

I love that the bloom it's so full - seems to have extra petals, a double flower I guess - yet the stem has stayed relatively short and looks sturdy. It's beautiful. The paint brush support is a good idea - I have tall twigs in mine. All are just tall leaves now and awaiting going back into the garden in April, spending summertime there - where a couple actually bloomed again last year -before I dig up again and re-pot in autumn.
You asked about fertilizing - I only do that when planting the bulbs out into the garden, not while in pots indoors.
Mary x

Cheryl said...

How exciting to watch this lovely gift open by the hour!

Carolien said...

That is a stunning flower, enjoy! Better temperatures now, I hope Spring will be here soon :)

Love, Carolien

Terri said...

Very beautiful!!

Lorrie said...

What a beautiful flower. Such a good idea to take photos as the flower opens. It's really unique and such a lovely colour.

Anonymous said...

Hi...
Thank you for your comment on my blog re Mollie Clarke! I tried to email but it says that your link is not correct.
I was very interested to read your comment as my mum, who also taught in Devon, knew Mollie Clarke.
I’m wondering where you taught?
Please comment again on my blog, with your email.
Sal 😁

Catherine said...

I loveAmaryllis, also the white ones.l.

The bike shed said...

My mother gives all of us - brothers and grandsons - an amaryllis each every christmas. We then have a family competition to see whose grows the grandest. Inevitably it is hers! This year it had four velvet red flowers - queen of the night was the variety.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

oh my, what a beautiful Amaryllis. What fun to watch it unfold, almost like Christmas.

Connie said...

It's beautiful and your yard looks so green, like spring is ready to start budding out there too :)

Pom Pom said...

Oh so pretty! I love the color!

AuthenticVirtueBLog said...

So, so beautiful! I'm so glad we reconnected -- you are a dear soul and a blessing to me!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...