It's tomato time again. This is a variety called Marmande, which I grow from seed every year, just ten or twelve plants. Some are given away, and half a dozen are planted in my greenhouse.
Every year I wonder if my crop will be as good as the previous year, and this year looks like being a good one. These are the first few, picked during the week. My next job is to process them into Tomato Sauce for the freezer.
It's birthday month again. My husband and I, two grandaughters, daughter in law and a friend, all have August birthdays!
These lovely Thai orchids remind me of some of our travels.
Dahlias are beginning to flower. It seems to be a slow year but hopefully there will be plenty of flowers now we have had a little rain.
This is Labyrinth, who last year had flowers the size of a tea plate!
Our hairdresser has had to cancel so many times due to other clients with virus warnings. So at last my hair is the right length. For a while.
16 comments:
So happy to hear things are going better for you and M dear Barbara. Your hair looks lovely - a great haircut is something which always makes one feel good - and the tomatoes and dahlias are doing great by looks of it.
Things seemed to be moving along regarding getting back to the UK - until we read that Exeter now has the highest cases of COVID cases in the country!!!! Of course we are vaccinated so still hoping to come over late Sept.
Any news regarding your plans??? Hope you are feeling OK. . . . . and our very best, though belated, happy birthday greetings.
Much love - M&B
Many good wishes for a Happy Birthday, dear Barbara, and for a beautiful year ahead! Your tomatoes look delicious. And what a pretty dahlia - love the colour. There is nothing like a good haircut to put a bounce in one's heart.
Lovely haircut! Praying daily for you and your Husband ❤ those tomatoes look wonderful!
Hello B! Your hair looks very pretty! I need a haircut, too. My hairdresser is going to flight attendant school and she says she will keep doing hair, so I hope she can! I'm glad your husband is home! God be with you.
Haircut looks very neat :) I love marmande - you must have a bit of a micro-climate as nothing in my garden or conservatory has ripened yet. Aren't Thai orchids beautiful - I expect they put them on your pillow on your travels? when I visited Thailand I was so taken with the orchids on my pillow that I collected them for a few days and posted to my mother back in the UK! Many happy returns to you (all) for your August birthday. Betty x
Happy Birthday blessings to you, dear Barbara. I hope you have a wonderful year ahead. Doesn't a fresh haircut make you feel good? It's beautiful.
So glad your husband is home and gaining strength. Your tomatoes are gorgeous. Ours are barely turning colour just now.
Marmande is obviously an heirloom variety with its unique shape. I'm sure it's very tasty.
Labyrinth is a most unusual Dahlia. I've never seen the likes of such a bloom.
You certainly do have a number of birthdays this month. Happy birthday in advance to you and yours.
Happy Birthday to all of you! How nice to finally get that haircut. Your tomatoes look delicious. Happy August to you!
Happy birthday month to you! (It is birthday month for our family too!) I hope that you all feel loved and celebrated!
Your tomatoes are lovely . . . I'm sure they're delicious! Praying that your husband continues to gain strength now that he is at home. One day at a time. Isn't that how life is?
I love birthday months! Lots of people to celebrate! Glad to hear your husband is feeling better. Your hair looks great!
I'd say that you have a successful tomato harvest. They look hardy and healthy. This year ours are struggling--the entire garden is. A good haircut does feel good, doesn't it.
I'm very happy to hear that your husband is home, there is no place better than home. I really like your hair cut, but would have loved seeing your lovely face as well. I've just started getting a few tomatoes too, mine are very slow ripening this year. God bless you and Happy Birthday!!!
Nothing is better for regaining ones health than being home. I am glad that your husband is regaining his strength.
Love your haircut, it suits you perfectly.
God bless.
Happy Birthday wishes, your cut is super smooth and lovely, you always look elegant. Nature's bounty is always uplifting, isn't it? Blessings on you and your husband, back together again
:)
The tomatoes are beautiful, I wish I had some like yours! Difficult to go to hairdresser nowadays, difficult to get an appointment.
I hope your husband will feel better soon.
Lovely tomatoes and will be delicious when the snowballs fly, as my Aunt used to say. Happy, Happy Birthday to you, your husband and other family members...hope the celebration was noteworthy! Your hair is Beautiful and I adore a bob (or whatever y'all call it. I'm never quite sure as someone told me the term "bob" is old school. I just looked at them over my glasses. LOL
So glad your husband is out of hospital and recovering at home...the best place! Hopefully, the heat has abated a bit and you're both able to relax. Being a caregiver is taxing, please remember to tend to yourself as well. You are loved and tucked in prayer. Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm
Post a Comment