Sunday, 19 September 2021

Home again

 It seems a long time since I visited my Blog, but, here I am again. The last month has passed with so many happenings.

I feel incredibly grateful to have been able to have the cardiac procedure done so quickly and in such a lovely hospital .When I hear the News of hundreds of people waiting for operations which are being cancelled over and over again, I know how fortunate I was.

A week in a beautiful Nursing Home in Truro was a time of recuperation, my room looking out onto a delightful courtyard full of flowers.



Now I'm home, much more tired than I expected to be, but home.

Thank you for cards and emails sending me good wishes. I did appreciate them.


26 comments:

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I was just thinking about you, Barbara. And here you are, online and home! I'm so glad it all went well for you. A blessings indeed in these times. Wishing you continued grace and strength as you fully recover. A big heart hug, Brenda xox

elizabeth said...

I am glad to hear! We are still praying daily for you and your Husband! You had a major surgery, being quite tired is normal I think. When I wss healing from my broken ankle I was more tired too. God bless you dear friend ❤❤❤

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy to read you are home! Prayers continue. Lovely courtyard, seeing flowers every day is good for healing.

Granny Marigold said...

It's wonderful to know you're home and on the mend. The flowers at the nursing home were lovely.

Lorrie said...

Oh Barbara, it's so good to hear from you. I'm so glad your experience was positive. I will continue praying for you to regain your strength. Hugs from afar.

Frugally challenged said...

Oh how lovely to open my reading list and see you have posted. I'm so glad that the surgery went well and you are happily back at home. Great!

Pom Pom said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're okay!

ellen b. said...

Welcome home. I'm glad to hear things went well. May God continue to heal you and strengthen you.

Traveling Oltmans said...

Glad you are home and recovering! Great news.

Jackie said...

So happy to read that you are home and recuperating. Take your time, rest, and just continue the journey to complete healing.

God bless.

Lynn said...

Thank you for the update, I have thought of you each day. I am so glad you are home. x

Elderberry-Rob said...

Have been thinking of you a lot - so pleased that you are on the mend and hope you get your strength back soon - that was quite some big surgery so it will no doubt take time.

Annie said...

So happy to read you again !

Sara said...

Hello there! It's good to learn that you are home again; I've been wondering how things were going every time I see your name on my prayer list. It sounds like you were well cared for during recuperation in Truro. Be well, take good care of yourself, and we will all continue to send up prayers for your complete recovery. .

Connie said...

How marvelous that you were able to have your surgery and that now it's behind you and you can get back to life and home. The place where you recuperated looked very nice, but we all know there's no place like home.
You and your husband are in my prayers, God bless you both dear friend.

Jo said...

So glad to see your post and hear you're home.
You and your DH remain in my prayers.

Cheryl said...

So happy to know that you are back at home to complete your recovery! God's mercies are evident, from the circumstances and promptness of the procedure to your nursing home stay with such a beautiful view of the flowers you love!

Carolien said...

Oh I am so happy to read this! I need to go to sleep now, but I am so thankful to read this!!! Have a good recovery, dear friend.

Love Carolien

Terri said...

So thankful you are home again! Rest when you need to and I'm praying for you!

Rambler said...

Hellooooo! It's so good to know that you are home again and on the road to recovery. I suspect you will feel tired for quite a while yet; the combination of heart surgery and the anaesthetic, which takes time to leave your body, will make you tired. It's a way of ensuring that you rest completely instead of trying to cope with all the jobs you feel need doing. They really don't! Continuing to think of you and Malcolm. xxxx

Alex said...

Barbara, that's such great news! Sending love and praying for your continued healing. It must have felt oh-so-nearly home to be in Truro again!
Lovely picture of the Home -
Be patient, dear lady! ( I know you will :))..and enjoy the gentle, beautiful Autumn days as they come.
A x

Linda Baker said...

It is such good news that all went well and you're home recovering. Blessings to you and your husband.
Linda Baker

Catherine said...

Nice to see you are home.
Now you have to rest and take good care.

Deanna Rabe said...

I've been busy with moving my parents into our home, so I came searching today for news of how your surgery and recovery were going. I'm so glad everything went well, and you are home again!

Mary said...

I know we've exchanged emails but I've only just realized you had this post up some time back - sorry I missed it. So glad all went well and you were cared for as you deserved. That courtyard looked like a pretty tea garden! It must have all been quite frightening though, our hearts are so precious!
Sending love from us both to you both XX

Terra said...

I am glad you are home and recovering; that was a pretty courtyard you got to see in the nursing home at Truro.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...