When the first stem of my Amaryllis died down, I thought it might be the end. However, from this on 14th Jan.......
a little bud appearing...
To this!
It's taken three and a half weeks, and has grown and grown. Out of interest I measured it over several days and on average it was growing 4 cms daily! And you can perhaps see that there is a small third bud waiting to open. I've been so interested to see other peoples' Amaryllis. There are some very beautiful shades to be seen, and I found that this one is called 'Dancing Queen'. It suits her.
11 comments:
Beautiful
Stunning!
Gorgeous and how lucky that you got a second blooming.
God bless.
Dancing Queen is a very apt name for your stunning Amaryllis.
I cut mine as it was drooping so much, I haven't checked for any new shoots - how lovely to get so much from one small plant, yours is beautiful
Such a lovely name for a beautiful plant.
Beautiful! Have a nice weekend!
Love Carolien
That's really a beauty Barbara, love the double blooms and the color.
Having a surprise second stem with blooms is awesome. My second Apple Blossom blooming now is lovely (it's another bulb) and also I have a new bud/stem coming up in another pot - have no idea the color will be - I'll keep my daily watch!!
Loe that they grow so quickly once the bud pops up.
Happy weekend - hope all is good there xx
Aren't amaryllis amazing. Mine have flowered and gone, so been looking around for a feed for it as it seems to get it to flower a second year you have to feed them in the summer.
Yours are a beautiful colour.
Lovely! What fun to have a second bloom to cheer the winter gray!
What a beautiful amaryllis! How amazing that it just keeps wanting to bloom and bloom! A true beauty and keeper!
Post a Comment