I have so little to write about, so it's back to some garden photos today. We have had some lovely sunny days, but today it rains. Winds have blown my roses, petals are strewn on the lawn. There are more buds opening each day.
June is a month of lovely colourful blooming.
These are some of my pots, full of Dahlias, Geraniums, Verbenas, Scabious and more.
This pretty stripey Dahlia is much loved by the bees.
You can see that my garden is not at all regimented and manicured. I love the mingling of plants and I'm happy to let them crowd each other, growing over and into other plants. Maybe I'm a lazy gardener!
Roses are abundant this year.
Below is beautiful Peace. Every garden needs a Peace rose.
This is a rose that I first found in France, called Pullman Orient Express. You can now buy it in the UK under the name of Love and Peace. The colours seem to change with every bloom.
One day I'm going to learn how to make one of the photo collages that are so neat.
Just to show you that there are
other things beside flowers....
Tomatoes with marigolds.
18 comments:
You have a beautiful garden. I like your many large flower pots.
I also like the garden robust...I have beautiful blue cornflowers and red and yellow poppies and yes, roses too...scented.
Thank you for your beautiful photos. I wish you a happy weekend with lots of enjoyment. Viola
Hallo!
Found the way to your blog, lovely roses and dahlias. I grow dahlias too, they do not bloom yet but perhaps in a couple of weeks.
Have a great day / Marika
Those roses are each unique and lovely. The color combination of the Love and Peace rose is special. Glad you have a sweet garden to enjoy.
Pierre de Rosanard is very beautiful. How very lovely your garden is with a gentle, soft colour scheme.
Bonjour Elisabeth,
I am new to your blog. I read the comment you left on Viola's blog (http://barwitzki.blogspot.com) You may be a lazy gardener but in my point of view your garden in pots looks beautiful under the sun. I love roses like you and particularly Peace rose (a french rose).
I read that you lived in France and travelled a lot. Alors, peut être puis-je vous écrire en français ?
Bon weekend
Hélène
So beautiful. I'm imagining walking round your garden with you, and enjoying tea and scones together. A proper English afternoon treat
Love your garden, Barbara. I'd love to stroll through it and have you point out your favourites. Such beautiful roses! So happy you shared.
I never get tired of seeing gardens...I don't care how big or small they are. Yours is absolutely lovely! Just beautiful.
I'm picking tomatoes, the little Tom thumb red & yellow cherry tomatoes. And waiting anxiously for the rest to ripen. I planted two more tomato plants this morning.
I also planted more basil this past week & this coming week I'll plant purple hull peas.
I'm in the mid-US, in Arkansas. It's very hot & dry right now. I have to get up before the sun to work in the garden because it's just unbearable any other time. Even the evenings, after sunset is too hot because it never really cools down at night this time of year.
I would love to walk through your garden. It looks so peaceful.
So lovely!!
Thank you, I'd like to know who you are rather than being anonymous?
Your roses are amazing and all your containers filled with blooms are as well. My flowerbeds are anything but regimented mainly because I don't have the heart to pull out all the 'volunteers'. Right now countless Feverfew are blooming wherever they possibly can find a spot to grow. It's a good thing I don't mind the messy look because I'm finding my energy isn't up to making much order out of the chaos.
You have such a beautiful garden, Barbara! I love the layout of it.
Your roses are gorgeous; I wish I knew the secret of looking after them properly. My garden suffers from the winds that blow in from the Moor (we are very high up here) so I guess it's not the best spot for roses. And this week, my beautiful Peony blooms were all scattered on the ground after several sharp showers and fierce winds. The delicate-looking geraniums stood up to the stormy weather very well though.
Your garden is a delightful place, Barbara. I love the cottage look to it with more casual plantings. Much better than highly regimented beds, I think. Maybe that's because I'm a lazy gardener! Your roses are beautiful. Ours are beaten down by the all day rain we had yesterday.
Your garden looks like a wonderful place to be in. The roses are beautiful and I hope you get a great tomato harvest. Enjoy the rest of your week x
I'd found your blog some months ago, lost it, and just refound it! Your garden is lovely. I also love mixing flowers and crowding then. I've not had any luck with roses, they take too much care here with the poor soil and to get through northern Wisconsin winters. My best to you.
Catherine.
I love Pierre de Ronsard it’s my favorite.
At the moment it is very dry and the roses are beginning to need more water even if we water them. I am afraid we will have water restrictions soon.
Do you have problems with Japanese beetles? They are destroying my dahlias and my petunias and if I had roses, they would be all over those as well. They are such a nuisance!
Post a Comment