Sunday, 28 August 2022

The tale of a shed (ongoing)

In our garden is a shed. For ten years it has been a repository for 'Things'.
There have been boxes of books, boxes of pictures, some tools, gardenchairs ...and so on.
Now it looks like this., due to some serious decluttering.


I had a Plan.
I have recently been funded two afternoons 'Carer-sitter' for my husband, to give me free time. I thought about what I would do in those hours, meet a friend, go walking, shopping....
I don't always want to go out, so my plan is to make this shed a space for me. It's going to be insulated and lined, and then painted. There is already electricity there.
When it's ready I'm going to bring my sewing machine/table/fabric here, together with my painting things.
Or as my daughter said ,'Mum, just take a chair and a book up there'

To   be continued.
 

17 comments:

Hélène said...

Bonjour Elisabeth,

Je pense que c'est une très bonne idée de transformer votre cabanon en un endroit où vous aimerez vous retrouver seule à faire ce que vous aimez.

Latane Barton said...

Good for you! Having a space of your own is so important. Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting! I can't wait to see what you do.

Granny Marigold said...

What a great idea you had of turning your outbuilding into a pleasant useful little get-away for yourself. I look forward to seeing its transformation.

Angela said...

That is lovely - a place of rest and re-creation. I look forward to seeing how it turns out

Jackie said...

What a lovely idea. I often wish I had a sheshed outside for my sewing and reading. However it is much too cold here in the winter so I will be satisfied with my room in the house.

God bless.

Lorrie said...

What a lovely little mini retreat you are creating. It will be good for you to have this space away from the house, but near enough for any needs. I look forward to seeing how you transform it.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh my, I am excited about this little venture of yours. It will be such a lovely retreat without having to travel more than a few steps to get away. I so look forward to seeing the end result of all your hard work. xo

Anonymous said...

How lovely. To lose oneself in colour, crafts, or words is so refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I came up as anon. Its Lynn C !

Maribel said...

What a lovely space you are creating. It will be nice to see it ready.
Have a nice day /Marika

meandmysmallcorner said...

I am really glad that you are getting a little help with your husband's care and that you will have a little time for yourself. The revamped shed will be a lovely space for you to use as you wish.

Terri said...

Love it! I've always wanted a separate space to create in and yours will be beautify when it's done. Glad you are getting some help with your husband!

Elderberry-Rob said...

that's a lovely idea I hope it doesn't take long to get the shed how you would like it - make sure you have safe electric/circuit breaker out there though.

Carolien said...

Oh what a splendid idea! Good luck with the progress!!!

Love Carolien

Ann said...

I once had a potting shed; now it houses hens and pigeons. Here in the states some call it a "She Shed." You will enjoy your little space. How fortunate you are to have care givers come in to give you a rest. It's wonderful to be able to keep loved ones at home and not send them away.

ellen b. said...

Oh how lovely having this space will be. Looking forward to seeing your shed redone!!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...