It's hard to believe that these Hydrangeas were a lovely blue during the Summer months.
This deep crimson is so Autumnal.
Not quite the last rose of Summer.
Are you finding that Autumn is quietly creeping into your garden?
Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...
16 comments:
Beautiful still ❤️
I love the changing colour of hydrangeas!
Definitely. Harvey harvested the sunflowers today, and the pumpkins (not all but a few) are turning orange. Tomatoes are ripening, and the beans are done. Summer is winding down and autumn is arriving.
God bless.
Autumn is definitely arriving. The Rudbeckias and Black Eyed Susans are almost the only colour in the garden. The pots of Petunias have bloomed faithfully but now look tired and bedraggled. I'm looking forward to cooler weather. Granny Marigold
Hi!
My purple has also changed colour to something darkred brownish. Still beautiful.
Have a nice day. /Marika
Your hydrangeas are gorgeous! I believe I love the autumn look as much as the summer one! (Maybe more?)
Bonjour Elisabeth,
Oui, l'automne est à notre porte. Il suffit d'un peu de pluie et de fraîcheur pour que la nature commence à se parer de belles couleurs.
j'aime la teinte passée des hydrangeas en automne. Les vôtres sont magnifiques.
Passez une agréable semaine !
Hélène
Yes Autumn is ion the garden, I love Autumn stay by the fire and read with a good cup of tea or coffee! And I like The colours !
Such a richly coloured autumn hydrangea. Yes, autumn is coming in spite of our continued warm weather.
I went and had a close look at my Blue Lace Hydrangea after reading your post yesterday and lurking underneath the now-bronze coloured flowers there were still some pretty, sky blue lacy ones where the sun / rain hadn't burnt or washed the colour away. So lovely to discover them. One solitary but perfect Alexandra rose still stood proud and I saw that the Buddleia had produced more purple spikes which had butterflies galore on them. Today - and for a few days to come - we are forecast sunshine so who knows what might appear in the garden?
Those hydrangea are gorgeous!
Yes, Autumn is on the way as it spreads its own special beauty around us. Your hydrangeas are lovely in their new colours :-)
Beautiful autumn colors indeed. It's the best time of the year, in my opinion.
Aw yes, autumn is nearly here. Love the hydrangeas! The soil determines the color so perhaps something has changed in your soil. However, glory be, that they are such a gorgeous autumn color now.
how fabulous your hydrangea are! I haven't seen any with such deep colour and didn't know they change - I thought the soil type determined colour - mine died last year I think because it was young and I cut the blooms but it's colours were nothing like this! I think you must dry some of those flower heads, they are too good to miss and would make an amazing addition to a wreath or flower display indoors.
Beautiful!
I did not know they change from blue to pink.
Post a Comment