Here in Cornwall we have suddenly hit Winter, an English Winter that is. Compared with the climates in Canada and USA our Winter is laughable. Our temperature here this week has been around minus 3 degrees, which of course does feel very cold. But I remember visiting my daughter when she lived in Canada, and the temp was a chilly minus 30!
I've been pulling out my Thermal underwear, and treated myself to some leggings from M/S, which are lightweight but oh so warm under a pair of jeans. I think in the 'old days' these would have been known as Long Johns, but Leggings does sound nicer.
Coupled with thermal top, big coat, woolly scarf and gloves, I'm ready for our Winter!
And these too.
This is not me.



16 comments:
😊 looks comfy!
I grew up in the far north (Michigan) and remember going out to wait for the school bus when it was zero.
You are Very Wise. I have been wearing a thermal vest this past week [even under my posh frock!]
Very good purchases! I wear layers like this as well!! Those slippers look so warm and they are rather cute too ❤️ praying for you 🙏 ❤️ stay warm! ❤️
You're ready to face this winter, good!!!
Love, Carolien
Glad to know you will be snug in your warm layers dear. I've felt the cold a bit more the past couple of winters, however we are usually quite mild here compared to the more northern US states. I recall my years in New Hampshire and Massachusetts - so cold and so much snow for months on end some years. . . . . .also very beautiful though!
Brrrr . . .
They say that thin layers are the best for fighting cold, so you're all set to be cozy!
Leggings does sound a lot better than Long Johns. I like your slippers.
Granny Marigold
Smiling at the note...'this is not me'. My dear husband lives in his long john bottoms and tops! If I had more room in my jeans these days I'd wear the leggings under them. LOL!
Love those cozy looking slippers!
Cozy layers make a cold winter more bearable. Although -30 is unheard of here where we now live, I grew up in Prince George and it was so very cold at times. Now that we live near the water, we always say that it's the kind of damp cold that drives right through to the bone!
We're just not used to this weather in Cornwall, are we? But then, I recall thinking the same during our hot summer weeks . ..
I have also bought some thermal 'undies' and new, furry slippers but mostly I stay indoors with the heating on, very thankful for Mr Sunak's grants to help with the expense. Looking forward to December 21st, the Shortest Day, and a return to longer daylight hours and hopefully, warmer weather. - Rosemary xx
I remember long-johns! Leggings does sound better and just as warm. I live in Texas USA and we are expecting an 80* day!! Minus 3* is too cold for me! Stay warm.
How cozy and warm these look. Perfect complement to jeans that feel so cold in winter. I like the sound of leggings better than longjohns too! :) Keep warm, Barbara!
Layering is a great idea, and those all look very cozy.
God bless.
Sounds like you will be perfectly cosy whatever the British weather sends.
We have cold weather here at the moment but I remember when we stayed in Canada we had colder weather but different clothing and it was much better than our -5C these days
Post a Comment