Today our King will be crowned in Westminster Abbey.
These streets are already full of people eager to see the processions as they go by.
It is a historic day .
Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...
11 comments:
Indeed it is historic! Praying he will reign well.
It will be interesting to watch from here. Our DIL is recording it for us to watch with fresh scones out of the oven and some clotted cream and lemon curd. Of course we'll drink tea, too. I do miss Queen Elizabeth II...
Wasnt it marvelous!!The King and Queen looked wonderful.
I ust admit I shed a tear.
Coronation Quiche, Victoria Sandwich cake and Chocolate Covered Strawberries await us later
God Save the King. Long May He Reign
Phoebe x
It was truly a glorious service. I'm so grateful to have been able to watch every minute of it. May God bless King Charles and Queen Camilla.
Blessings, Linda
I was glad I could watch it. May God bless the King, and all his family
Very lovely to watch, I thought Camilla's crown a little manly though.
Hello Barbara,
Congratulations on your new king and queen!
And I bet you will be proud with the choristers from Truro! The hymns and music were amazing ...
Love, Carolien
So historic. It all happened during the night here in Canada, but I was able to watch in comfort later in the day. It was glorious!
History was made yesterday. I watched portions of the Coronation after the fact. Such magnificence combined with symbolism and meaning. Seeing the King kneeling in shirt and trousers before the altar in humility really spoke to me. I pray he will reign well.
The coronation was broadcast in the wee hours here in Canada so we recorded it and I watched most of it in between doing my Saturday chores.I love seeing the pageantry and all. Like my (grown) son commented, We have no old traditions here, nothing that in any way compares. I don't understand the negative comments I've seen ( NOT here on your blog).
Granny Marigold
Oh my! What splendor! I must say, I wouldn't want to try to balance one of those crowns on my head. Royalty is such a foreign (literally) thing to us here in the United States.
Be blessed,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
Post a Comment