Today it's my birthday, and I'm celebrating by having a small group of friends to lunch. They have been so kind over the last few years, called me when I was unable to get out, brought meals to tempt my lovely husband, slept overnight to give me some respite. I so appreciate them.
So I am serving a little glass of something bubbly to begin, then simple finger food, sandwiches, blinis with salmon, canapes, sausage rolls.... Here I realise that I sound just like Ratty and Mole (The Wind in the Willows) coldtonguecoldhampickledgherkinssaladfrenchrollscresssandwichesginger beer.......
We cant have a picnic today as it's raining. Again. So we'll be in the sunroom, hoping that a beam or two of sun might shine.
It's lovely to be able to celebrate together.
18 comments:
A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Barbara from us both - and here's to many more!
Lovely friends - what would we do without them whether near or far.
Hope the sun shines soon.
Love Mary & Bob
That looks glorious! Have a brilliant birthday, Barbara!
Happy Birthday Barbara, from us both, with much love. God bless you today and always x
Happy birthday!! A wonderful time with dear friends!
How very lovely! Sending you Happy Birthday greetings, and it's so good to know you are celebrating with some wonderful people! May you be richly blessed on this day and throughout the year ahead.
How lovely for you to treat your friends on your birthday. A very Happy Birthday to you dear lady! Cheers!
A very happy birthday! I hope that you had a wonderful day! 🎉🥳🥂🍰🎂😁
Happy Birthday!! How lovely that you could have friends over. Ratty and Mole would approve of your menu. Birthday Blessings, GM
A very happy birthday to you. I hope you enjoyed your celebration.
God bless.
Happy Birthday! Beautiful photos! Hilogene in Az
Happy birthday, it's all about the friends, not so much about the location or the food, hope your day was full of love and laughter.
Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a lovely day!
What a lovely idea! My youngest shares a birthday with you! I hope your day was special! Happy Birthday!
Happy (belated) Birthday!
How special to have friends over for lunch. (I did that one year and it was such fun!) Everything looks wonderful!
Blessings, Linda
Happy Birthday, what a positively lovely way to celebrate :)
Many happy returns! How lovely to share your day with good friends xxx
Sorry I'm late, Happy Birthday♥ What a lovely party that must have been, so nice to have such sweet friends.
A very Happy Birthday 🎂! Enjoy your day!
Post a Comment