A single Cosmos.
How delicate those petals are with the little trim of deep pink around the edge. I sometimes forget to look closely at my flowers, and am always rewarded when I take that extra time.
Geraniums (Pelargoniums) often surprise me with their random colour arrangements. This pinky one will sometimes have striped petals and has even been known to have a solid colour flower amongst the stripy ones.
My garden is beginning to look Autumnal now, with only a few roses flowering, some Dahlias doing their best, and the ever present Cosmos, which have taken over!
12 comments:
I've dug up my French marigolds they were going over, Cosmos get to big for our small garden, your flowers are beautiful.
I'm ashamed to admit that my packet of Cosmos seeds remains unsown. They are such pretty flowers 🌸🌸🌸
It's nice to take a closer look at what is growing. Nice variations. And just like that it's the last weekend in August!
so beautiful! I love seeing flowers up close too!
My flowers seem to be getting less and less. I wish that they would last longer, but will enjoy them while I can.
Planning on moving a few to see if they will grow next year.
God bless.
I've never seen a cosmos flower like that one at top. All of those blooms are very pretty! I love cosmos but it's been years since I grew any. I think they take more space and water than my garden has to give...
Hi B!
My garden is finally showing a wee bit of color with zinnias. Last year we had a million cosmos, but this year we've removed them. Next year we'll have more color. I hope our soil appreciates the break.
Your geraniums look lovely and those are my favorite kind of marigolds! I hope you have a nice fall planned.
For some reason I bought Cosmos seeds in orange instead of my usual purple or white ones. Next year I'll look for pink ones similar to yours, which I think is beautiful. Strange Geranium to have striped blooms as well as solid. Interesting though. With August coming to an end the flower beds look messy with perennials leaning on each other and looking tatty. Soon they'll all get cut down. GM
Your flowers are lovely!
How I love flowers! Most people don't look at them closely but if you do, you will be astounded by the detail. Good for you!
I love cosmos. Here the gardens are already beginning to be in Autumn.
Flowers are one of the most beautiful works of art that God gave us to enjoy. Hope all is well with you☺♥
Post a Comment