It's really Autumnal here. in fact veering towards Wintry. The rain hasn't stopped for days, and it's not just light rain but proper pouring from the sky rain. We have high winds and the trees and what's left of my Cosmos are being blown sideways.
The paths are wet and slippery.
I made my way up the garden to my 'shed', where I am trying to remember how to sew a nightdress for myself. It's a long time since I worked from a pattern. In fact I was quite surprised to find that one can still buy patterns.
I found some pretty fabric on Etsy and am looking forward to starting.
I'm so glad that I had the 'shed' remodelled. This morning I put the heater on, and enjoyed being out of the rain and wind, in my own little workshop.
11 comments:
Lovely! Even in wet weather you have things to do and make ❤️
I love your sewing room! Enjoy your cozy creating!
Lucky you having a crafting shed, with lovely views over your garden.
You sound very cozy in your crafting shed. It always amazes me how fast the weather can change from warm and sunny to Autumnal, complete with wind and rain.
It is a cozy place to work. Here we have the same weather! Horrible !
I will stay inside and do some craft.
how lovely that you can use your shed all year round :) yes patterns are out there but its hard to find nice materials, especially of natural fibres. We have had heavy rain, and I am quite glad as no need to water the allotment daily! take care on the slippery path, maybe you can get some grippy wellies. Betty
Your cosmos have put on a brave face in all that rain. I do believe there is a resurgence on old patterns and sewing; the next generation picks it up, which I think is lovely.
And I do love your sewing quarters - what a cozy space in which to create. Be safe on those walking blocks when it's wet out (and even when it's not wet :) ).
Thanks, Barbara, for a lovely post.
Hello Barbara , I have been catching up with your posts.
I haven't been reading blogs etc for a while but we had a tricky time with my husband not being well this summer. He's a bit better now. Happy Birthday for August month, that was a lovely to tea you put on. Always stylish! Your shed-studio is such a delight, perfect for Autumn days. Blessings!
I simply love your backyard garden and your sewing shed is perfect. The big windows are going to let so much light inside. Oh, you are going to have so many wonderful hours out there sewing your little heart out. Have fun sweet friend :)
Connie
Such a sweet shelter to work in. We experienced some of your 'weather'. We are home again still taking in the delights of the UK we experienced.
I love your workshop!
I haven't sewed anything in ages! I should think of some gifts for my grands that I could sew!
Post a Comment