Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the USA.
We don't have Thanksgiving in UK, but it would be lovely to have a Thankful day of gratitude for all the wonderful things we have around us.
I discovered that, should you be in London, there are various restaurants serving Thanksgiving menus.
This meal will be available at The Shard......
......................and will cost you £97.00. Per person.
I think it's more fun dining at home, don't you?


16 comments:
I love that there are places in London serving Thanksgiving dinner! A day just for thanks is a wonderful tradition. God bless you!
We have an American lady in our extended family and I am going to a (slightly early) Thanksgiving dinner this evening.
It's certainly cheaper eating at home! And giving thanks is always a wonderful idea no matter where you live! :-)
If my money math is correct, that is about $200. I can get more than a week's worth of groceries for four people, two of them teenage boys, for that! I am becoming a very good cook, if I do say so myself, so I think, yes, I can make it at home. 😄 I suppose some of that enormous cost is the novelty of eating in a giant glass shard.
Yes, I would have to agree with you...dining at home would be more fun than thinking about the amount of money I was spending. :)
WoW, that turkey looks delicious!! I love that my family has always come together for a big Thanksgiving meal. Alas, this year it seems other plans were made by my daughters and it will just be me and Mr D. It's okay, no one I would rather be with than him and we already have big plans for the family to be together on Christmas.
Dinners at home surrounded by family are definitely better! Especially if everyone helps with the preparation and cleanup. Thankfulness is something to practice throughout the year, and I'm thankful to be able to come to this corner of the blogosphere to visit you.
In our 49 years of marriage we have only had to have a Thanksgiving meal in a restaurant once and that was our very first Thanksgiving together. Maybe we vowed never to do that again. :)
We all have so much to be thankful for everyday. Thank you and God bless you. :)
Here in Canada we had our Thanksgiving in October so that's long past. I would much rather eat in the comfort of my home than in a restaurant especially as both my DH and I are hearing impaired and restaurants are usually noisy.
I checked and that turkey meal would have cost $165 Can. Wow. Rather expensive I'd say.
Have a lovely day , GM
Please read my post
Sure it would be cheaper to eat at home it’s an expensive turkey 🦃 😆
Definitely less costly to have the meal at home.
God bless.
Wow that's costly! Blessings to you
Cooking at home is unquestionably more cost-effective! In addition, expressing gratitude is always a good idea.
You are welcome to read my most recent post.
Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes :) That's lovely, I didn't know some of the restaurants did that. When my husband was on an exchange tour with the Royal Navy, their chef made him a Thanksgiving meal especially. If you would like to take a look you can find that story on my blog below. It's one of his fond memories of being in the UK for two years.
https://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com/2018/11/old-favorites-part-6.html
Thank you for the actionable insights that I can apply to my life.
Post a Comment