Sunday, 5 November 2023

The last rose.


I think this really has to be the last rose of the year. The flowers are only half the size of Summer flowering, but there is still a beautiful scent from them.
I picked the last few buds to save them from the terrible winds and rain we have been having here.



Her name is Dr Jo. She is named for Dr Jo Taylor, head of the renal unit at Dorchester hospital.


And here's a photo of the damage caused by Storm Ciaron, (no one was in the car, thankfully)



And another.

Today there have been brief patches of pale sun amongst cloudbursts. It gave me time to run down to Trelissick gardens for a quick look at the lovely shop.
 

13 comments:

KirstenM said...

Your recent posts have been full of memories for me; we used to visit my parents several times a year when they lived in Falmouth

ellen b. said...

Yikes! I heard about your storms. Glad you are safe. Time for cozy wear and a cup of tea.

Granny Marigold said...

The last roses of the season may be smaller but look nevertheless as beautiful.
So good to hear that the storms haven't caused you any trouble. It's good to know you're safe and not harmed by the storms you've had.

Poppypatchwork said...

Beautiful and sad, but they will be back next year, that's the wonder of nature for us.

Terri said...

A beautiful rose! I think I dislike wind storms the most. They wreak such havoc!

Dianna said...

Dr. Jo is beautiful! I'm glad you were able to rescue it from the storm! That was quite the storm by looking at your pictures! Wow!

Visits With Mary said...

Beautiful rose, so glad you saved it from the storm. ☺♥

Lorrie said...

That's a beautiful rose! So good to bring it indoors before the storm. Such wildness.

bunw1125@gmail.com said...

My last big pink rose got hit by a storm here in the US. Sat on the ground looking pretty but sad. Your rose is just gorgeous. I love the color and its shape. Stay well.
Bun

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

A very lovely rose to hold on to the memories of Summer days. Thank you x

Deanna Rabe said...

Beautiful rose! Lovely gift for November!

Catherine said...


We are also glad the storm has stopped!
I also have some roses left yours is very nice.

Karen Paul said...

Your blog is so beautiful, I have been so busy lately about life but let me share with you all about my health life experience with the great herbal traditional doctor that saved the life of mine and my dear husband.
I was suffering from a deadly disease herpes and diabetes and i went through alot trying to get better each everyday of my life until I came across a testimony on blogs someone telling good about Dr Jekawo, a traditional herbal doctor that cure all kind of disease such as: herpes,diabetes,epilepsy,cancer,hpv,lupus,degenerative disease,shingles,erectile dysfunction also bring back ex,leukemia,fibroid and other spiritual consultations, I contacted him via drjekawo@gmail.com then he prepared the herbal medicines and send to me which takes 21 days treatment that cured my diabetes and herpes completely,I'm so grateful with the help he rendered to me therefore I promised to share his great works.
Thank you and I hope this could save someone else out there.
Karen Paul
South Carolina.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...