Despite the rain, I had a delightful stroll in Trelissick Gardens today. Apart from the squirrels gambolling on the lawn, there were very few walkers.
The Rhododendrons in the garden, some of which must be hundreds of years old, are looking spectacular now, covered in deep red blooms.
I chatted to one of the gardeners, and we agreed that this was a very special year.
wonder if a child had created this.
I am so fortunate to have this National Trust Property only a couple of miles from my home. It is somewhere that I can wander, either on my own or with friends, calming and beautiful.
18 comments:
National trust properties are very nice even beautiful. I remember to have taken a small train going along the sea in Cornwall with rhododendrons everywhere.
Will also have a park and big house Morris style and the park is going down the sea and full of rhododendrons. It was closed after the Covid, I will have a look if by chance it is re opened!
The name of the park is « le bois des Moutiers »
So beautiful Barbara - great that it's a garden close to home.
Floating flowers remind me of my stay in Chiang Mai, Thailand, at the Four Season Hotel where the garden plantings and pots were awesome. I recall saying I would love the job of gardener/flower arranger there!!!
Hugs - Mary
Looks a lovely location, we have a beautiful park just 5 minutes walk from our house.
how beautiful and calming!!!
What a beautiful canopy of Rhoddies! That is a nice place for a good stroll!
That majestic Rhododendron is amazing! How fortunate that you live so close to such a delightful garden. That arrangement of floating flowers is so pretty 💖💖💖
What a gorgeous space. You are so very lucky to be able to visit and walk those paths.
God bless.
That rhododendron is stunning! Oh yes, how wonderful that you live so close to such a beautiful place!
Hello! Bumping over from Mrs. Sharon White. What a fantastic walk! Stunning colors.
What a beautiful place to walk. Would love walking there.
Lovely!
The rhododendrons are beautiful. We have a rhodo garden nearby and I haven't been to see it for several years. It would be a great place for a little walk this weekend when the sun is supposed to shine. The floating flowers are oh, so pretty.
What beautiful colors. That is a wonderful place to visit and take walks. Oh... and I learned a new word today. I've never heard the word gambol or gamboling before. Can't wait to use it. :)
Really beautiful, we have rhododendrons in the woods here but none in flower yet. Bett
The puddle picture of flower heads is lovely. What a beautiful place to walk in.
A lovely place to enjoy walking around alone or with friends. The Rhododendrons look spectacular at this time of year. Thank you for sharing the ones at Trelissick Gardens.
What a beautiful place to visit. Every photo is a delight! Thanks, Barbara, for letting us have a peek.
Post a Comment