Another year of sowing and raising Tomatoes! I'm always so thrilled when the tiny leaves appear and the distinctive scent of tomato leaves emanates from the little plants.
I have them all in the greenhouse now, having raised them in a warm conservatory. Now they are grown up they can live in a cooler atmosphere. Soon they will be big enough to plant in the earth of the greenhouse.
I always grow the same variety, Marmande. It's a lovely big tomato and is ideal for making tomato sauce for freezing, or just to have with a slice of mozzarella and a whisk of Basil.
I will probably keep six or seven, give some to friends and the remainder will go to the village Garden Club plant sale.
Although every year I have planted vegetables such as Broad beans, French beans etc, I won't be doing that now. I might just add a cucumber, or a courgette plant, but that's all.
My China Rose tulips are in flower, delighting me with their frilly petals and gentle colour.

20 comments:
Something which tastes good and smells lovely! The best gardening can be!
Oh, I wish I could come and see your garden as it bursts into Spring. You could show me around and point out your favourite things. That tomato bursts with beauty, and my mouth waters at how it will taste.
Thanks, Barbara, for this cheery Saturday glimpse of life in your corner of the world. It's sunny with blue skies here today. Early bulbs are popping up in the garden -crocuses, little grape hyacinths, and green tulip tips. It's to make a person feel her feet lifting slightly from the earth.
I can feel the anticipation as you await those luscious tomatoes! Yes, the spring tulips (my favorites too) and other blooms are certainly welcome after a gray winter!
Nothing beats a fresh tomato for taste. I really like the corner of the pathway you shared with us.
God bless.
I'm a little late on putting out my tomato plants...too many other distractions to deal with...but I'm hopefully going to get it done, this week!
Love the tulips!!
Happy Sunday!
hugs
Donna
That variety of tulip is so so pretty. I can see why it makes you smile. Happy Sunday to you!
Yes, things can only get better in the garden. I bought a couple of tomato and courgette plants this year instead of growing from seed but all the other seeds are coming up well. Next stage is the pricking them out into individual pots. Beautiful colours on your tulips.
I love your frilly pastel tulips! And your Pulsatilla is doing so well. I gave my rather sad-looking ones each a dose of 20-20-20 fertilizer and may give them another dose in a few weeks.
Your tomatoes sown from seed are looking well. When I've tried growing my own plants they get so lanky and spindly due to lack of sunshine so I buy the few plants I need at the Plant shop. Your tomatoes look like a single slice would cover your toast! (mayo on WW toast with a slice or two of tomato and a few leaves of Basil is one of my summer delights).
Love your tulips and I choose about the same pink. I may also grow tomatoes this year and pumpkin hope the summer won’t be too hot.
Tulips are such bright flowers and yours are very pretty. Your ga4den looks delightful.
Your tulips are such a pretty shade of pale pink. My tomatoes are at about the same stage as yours. I need to pot them up and put them under cover outdoors now. They are still under lights indoors and getting quite bushy and tall. Spring brings hope with it.
That looks like an awesome tomato for a sandwich! Can't beat fresh picked ones grown in the garden. . . . . .or a neighbor's garden!!!!
Pretty tulips - love the color.
Mary xx
Your garden is beautiful, Barbara!
The tulips are beautiful. I am growing tomato plants in a bedroom window, the conservatory is still too cold, they are taking ages! so far two tiny little leaves. In Surrey we are getting lovely hot afternoons interspersed with rainy days and cloud. Betty
I love growing tomatoes! They are delightful to eat fresh from the vine!
I've never heard of that variety of tomatoes, they sound like a wonderful all-around good tomato. I need to look that one up! Have a wonderful growing season!
Hello lovely B!
Our Jenny has been growing her tomatoes inside and they are getting very big! That variety looks extra lovely!
What a big "tomaat". Love to see you garden.
Visiting from Brenda’s blog today.
Like you, I love starting tomatoes from seed. The scent of those growing plants is simply heavenly!
I want to thank Mr Pedro via cf-loans@outlook.com also on whatsapp number +393510140339 for granting me a loan of 2,000,000 Euro to expand my agriculture project. He works with a large investment loan company.
Thank you blog admin.
Post a Comment