Back from another little breakaway, this time with dear friends in Herefordshire. Our friendship dates back many years from a time when they lived in Cornwall near to us, attended the same church, and enjoyed a Cornish country life. Now they have returned to their 'homeland' of Herefordshire, a very beautiful county.
During the week, they very kindly took me to so many lovely places, many of which were on the 'Black and White' route. These historic buildings are, as the name suggests, made of timber beams, often painted black, and infilled with plaster.
We walked down this little street in Eardisland, feeling almost as though we were in a Jane Austen novel. I even found a house that I would like to live in.
This is the village of Dilwyn, where we had a delightful pub lunch.
This is what she brought!
We didn't need much for supper!
Looking over the Malvern Hills. In some places you can see as far as Wales and the Cotswolds. Such beautiful Spring colours when all the trees are different greens.





20 comments:
Oh Barbara! So much beauty. How wonderful that you were able to spend such wonderful time with friends, and enjoy such gorgeous scenery!
What a lovely place, and what a joy to be with good friends - and wasn't that cheese platter fabulous!
OH that is just beautiful. I would love to spend time there.
What lovely photos you've shown us. Those houses are so charming. And how kind of the waitress to bring you that beautiful platter to nibble from. I'm glad you're feeling renewed!
These days I'm rereading my Rosamunde Pilcher books one last time before donating them. Looking through your pictures it seemed as if her stories took place right there in the area where you enjoyed a little break. Wonderful 💗
What a gorgeous trip you had. I love the black and white houses, I did fall in love with many a black and white cottage while visiting your beautiful country many years ago.
God bless.
Wow, what a picturesque part of the world. Some of it is very Jane Austen. Thankyou for sharing. :)
What a beautiful place to be, especially in the springtime season :)
What a delightful 'get-away' you had!!! I've always wanted to visit England!!! So pretty♥
I'm heading for the Malvern Hills in the next couple of weeks. You are whetting my appetite for the area!
What a lovely place! I would love to live in a house like that. I'm so thankful you were able to get away with good friends.
What a beautiful and restful getaway! I love all the pictures, and exceptional cheese platter!
Blessings, Linda
What a wonderful little getaway. Such charming buildings. That is an amazing platter she made up for you. We were just talking with friends about the fact that the pubs we've visited lately don't have a Ploughman's available. It is such a great small meal to enjoy. Happy May to you!
I associate the Malvern Hills with C.S. Lewis. He hiked there with his brother and Tolkien. You visited such pretty villages and country scenes and that pub meal is one I like for lunch or dinner.
Such a lovely trip into the heart of our beautiful island country - oh how homesick the photos are making me Barbara.
That pub 'lunch' would be right up my alley' - a Ploughman's of grand proportions, with cheese and bread and looking so scrumptious.
So glad to know you are out and about enjoying springtime.
Mary x
How delightful, Barbara, I have never been to this part of the country your pictures are a treat.
My husband have been watching Escape to the Country. We live in the USA, and I had no idea how stunning the United Kingdom is. I've only ever seen city scenes and a few villages.
What a lovely place to reside.
Blessings from Missouri USA,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
What a kind waitress to arrange such a lovely cheese platter for you all. It looks delicious. I'm glad you enjoyed yor break in Herefordshire with friends. The view of the Malvern Hills is spectacular and they are not too far from us, so easily a day trip out. Have a good week.
When I lived in Wiltshire I used to eat a ploughman’s lunch and I loved it. I also went to Herefordshire and to Wales all very, very nice places.
Are you looking for a loan to buy a home or for business? After a lengthy interviewing process with mortgage lenders we ended up going with Mr Pedro Jerome loan offer at his Home Mortgage loan offer. As a first time home buyer, he was absolutely wonderful in helping us secure our mortgage, providing great advice, and always looking out for our best interest. I would definitely recommend anyone that is buying a home or looking for a positive loan lender to finance his needs or business to use Mr Pedro Jerome and his team on any kind of loan.I Will absolutely use them again in the future.
You can contact a loan officer Pedro Jerome On Email : cf-loans@outlook.com / WhatsApp +393510140339 I learned that they also offer business loans on their website.
Good luck.
Post a Comment