Friday, 3 May 2024

Just one more....

  One last photo.

This is the beautiful Feathers Hotel in Ledbury. We stopped here for a morning coffee, as it seems do most of the town! It is a lovely traditional hotel, with big comfy sofas and chairs, and a very good cup of coffee.

It's considered to be a 'monument' in the town. Dating back to the 16th Century, it was once a coaching inn. It's easy to imagine the excitement as the coaches rolled up to the entrance.

15 comments:

Betty said...

This is very pretty.

Teri said...

Oh my goodness, quite charming.

Granny Marigold said...

I'd love to visit this lovely place. It sounds perfect 💗.

Chris said...

So many beautiful places in our country and wow what a simple cheese meal! I loved looking at all your photographs.

The bike shed said...

You know it is years since I was in Ledbury and those border counties - I recall it as a sort of in-between part of the world... but rather charming all the same. I remember that building too - how lovely that we have this heritage on our doorsteps.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a lovely break away. I love the Feathers Hotel at Ledbury... beautiful food and surroundings.
Lynn x

Jackie said...

Oh my, just a beautiful structure. You are so lucky in the UK to have such old buildings still around and being used.

God bless.

doodles n daydreams said...

Very pretty, lucky you :)

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage said...

Oh my! How fabulous! I'll bet you really enjoyed it. I don't know if you remember me from Harvest Lane Cottage blog, you left a comment way back in 2016, and I just read it again!

I just had to come over and see if you were still blogging. I'm going to look around now. Be blessed!
Laura

Angela said...

I love the colourful hanging baskets/window boxes set against the monochrome building. I had a jigsaw with this picture on as a child

ellen b. said...

Love it and would love to be sitting in it enjoying a cuppa with you!

Visits With Mary said...

I love it, it's so 'English.' Oh how I would love to visit there.♥

Becki said...

What a striking picture that black and white background is with those beautifully vibrant flowers adorning it. Wow!

Catherine said...

SO beautiful !

Haiden Hays said...

Are you looking for a loan to buy a home or for business? After a lengthy interviewing process with mortgage lenders we ended up going with Mr Pedro Jerome loan offer at his Home Mortgage loan offer. As a first time home buyer, he was absolutely wonderful in helping us secure our mortgage, providing great advice, and always looking out for our best interest. I would definitely recommend anyone that is buying a home or looking for a positive loan lender to finance his needs or business to use Mr Pedro Jerome and his team on any kind of loan.I Will absolutely use them again in the future.
You can contact a loan officer Pedro Jerome On Email : cf-loans@outlook.com / WhatsApp +393510140339 I learned that they also offer business loans on their website.
Good luck.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...