Things are definitely improving! With no help from me, my Bible verse has reappeared. The colours are somewhere near the original and it's liveable with now.
Here is Sarah Bernhardt, my one and only Peony. She is finally in bloom, fluffing her feathers at me, and giving so much joy. There are so many buds just waiting to open.
The sun is shining this afternoon, but a storm is threatened for tomorrow!I am going with friends to a Lavender Farm tomorrow, not too far away, so hope I will have some photos for you. Lavender has always been an important part of my garden, and my bees so love buzzing through the flowers.
This is a tangly little part of my garden, which is not at all regimented. I like the Cottage garden look, and these Geums, Delphiniums, Nemesia and Roses have given me so much pleasure.
Happy gardening!
15 comments:
I like how your peony has a name. Named after the actress, I assume?
Or presume?
I just looked up presume vs. assume. Ah! Presume was the correct choice here.
😂
I have always appreciated the beauty of a peony! Very nice.
I'm admiring the Geums! I have tried in vain to grow them.
I hope you have nice weather for the lavender farm trip.
A pretty garden 😊
Your Sarah Bernhardt is a dream. I love peonies. Very pleased to see.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is acceptable for your trip.
I look forward to your photos of the lavender.
Greetings to you. Viola
Such beautiful flowers. Blogger seems be be recovering - my reading list has come back, and I can see when friends have posted. I presume they are getting my posts too as stats have gone back up again.
Lovely Peony.
Just one bloom in my garden too.
Blogger is very strange - but seems to put itself right again after a while.
Oh how I love peonies. That is a sweet section of your garden space. Glad things are improving with blogger! Happy sunshine to you.
I love the tangles! My peonies were quick - out and gone! Oh well. Now for other blooms. I hope you had fun at the lavender farm! xo
Sarah Bernhardt is such a beautiful peony. Love that colour. Your cottage garden is just the kind I love to see - a tangle of plants all blooming happily.
Your peony is beautiful- such a lovely plant. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Lavender Farm.
Your peony, Barbara, is stunning. And I'm loving the peek into your cottage garden. I agree with Lorrie about enjoying to see a tangle of plants all blooming happily.
We have a Sarah Bernhardt in our front garden. So far it hasn't done well for us. Rick moved it this spring, wondering if it was too shaded and crowded between two other peonies. It now sits front and centre, and we're hoping for better results (smile). Happy Friday!
What an absolutely gorgeous peony! I love lavender and I hope you enjoyed your visit to the lavender farm.
Post a Comment