It's so lovely to see a burst of pink on my kitchen worktop. Every year this Christmas cactus seems to be bigger and better.
It was given to me many years ago by an elderly lady who had won it in a Raffle! She said she couldn't cope with house plants.
It is a perennial joy.
18 comments:
It's a perfect time of year for them, I'm not normally a flowing house plant person, but these are so joyful.
It would have been dead in a few months in my house!
Well done keeping it going - very cheerful on a dull November day
I remember my father had a very big one that was in full bloom for Christmas it was so nice!
( we will have snow falls during two days and many centimetres it is very unusual)
Gorgeous! Mine is blooming now too, but not as BIG as yours. 😃
My pale white-ish pink one has just finished flowering. There are plenty of buds so I'm hoping it might bloom again soon.
Your blooming Cactus is so lovely. If I had the space I'd add a pink one to my horde of houseplants but unfortunately every available spot in the sunroom is taken.
It's a beauty! So glad you get to enjoy it!
Such a gift!
Such a pretty colour. I am glad it blossomed so beautifully.
God bless.
Your cactus has so many pretty blooms on it! Just lovely and a bright spot on these days when darkness falls so early.
Oh, how lovely. It's been a gift that keeps on giving - as you say, a perennial joy!
It appears to be a great year for flowering cacti - mine is bringing so much joy with so many flowers also!
Simply gorgeous!
Jo
Nothing like the sunlight entering the house, especially the kitchen.
How beautiful, I hope your cacti blooms last through Christmas for you.
When my mother passed away in 2020 I brought home two Thanksgiving cactuses with me. They have thrived here and this year have a large number of blossoms on them. They usually last well into March or April which has been amazing. Your cactus is lovely!
I think I relate to the elderly lady, but you "cope" with plants so beautifully!
Amazing blooms! I have a Thanksgiving cactus that I have been warring with for a few years. It would bloom in the spring and summer, and absolutely nothing for Thanksgiving/Christmas. It was very frustrating, even though it was beautiful and welcomed anytime it decided to bloom. Well, I suppose my patience paid off because it actually bloomed for Thanksgiving this year, and it’s been such a great. Don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I think it might have finally figured its schedule out! Lol!
Post a Comment