Saturday, 19 April 2025

Memories

I have been away for a few days, in Herefordshire, staying with a dear friend whose husband sadly died unexpectedly last Christmas. We have known each other for over 40 years , spent holidays in France together, talking non stop. Like my late husband, our friend was involved in farming , so there was plenty to enjoy in our Breton countryside.

 It has been a lovely few days, a little bittersweet, but with many memories laughed and cried about.

Coming home I find my garden has got itself ready for Easter, with the tulips looking very splendid. At their best at this time of year, they are full of colour.


It's a mix of Tulips and scented Narcissi. I've placed pots of white daisies travelling up the path. In the evening dusk there seems to be a glow from them.


Looking more like roses than Tulips, these are a double smaller version.Again I have mixed them with Narcissi.



It's a time when so much is happening in the garden. My Tomatoes are happily growing in the greenhouse, and I have some to give away to our village Garden Sale next weekend.

May I wish you a happy and blessed Easter.






17 comments:

ellen b. said...

I wish you a glorious Easter. How nice that you could spend time with your friend and return to the Spring beauty in your garden! Blessings.

Angela said...

May your Easter be full of resurrection joy. Much love from us both ❤️🙏

Deanna Rabe said...

Blessed Easter, Barbara!

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Oh how eye catching your tulips and potted flowers look. I hope you have a beautiful Resurrection Sunday. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Happy and blessed Easter to you 💕
Anne

KirstenM said...

Lovely to share the memories with a good friend.
Your pots look beautiful. Have a happy Easter

Connie said...

Your flowers look so pretty as does the daisies lining your pretty little pathway. I am so happy that you have the time to go visiting your friend and that the time was send enjoy good memories . . . 40 years can provides a lot of pleasant hours to reflect on. Have a blessed Easter my friend :)

Granny Marigold said...

Your Spring flowers are beautiful. I especially admire those very double pink tulips.
How nice to be able to spend time with an old friend. To laugh and cry and share old memories.
Have a blessed Easter.

Barwitzki said...

It's wonderful that you had such a lovely meeting with your friend, and it's good to delve into the past.
Your tulips are beautiful. I bought tulips from the National Trust in Cornwall last summer, and they're now blooming in my garden, reminding me of our wonderful holiday in the South of England.
Happy Easter to you.
Many warm greetings from Viola

Anonymous said...


So beautiful! Happy Easter to all!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

I'm glad that you have been able to spend some time with a dear friend where you have shared memories together. Easter blessings to you for today and everyday.

Daisy Debs said...

Happy Easter to you sweet friend . Oh your tulips are breath taking ! 🌷🌷hugs Debbie💐x

Jackie said...

Happy Easter a bit late. Your garden and the tulips are just beautiful.

God bless.

Lorrie said...

Your pots of tulips and narcissi are beautiful in the evening light, Barbara. I'm glad you were able to get away and share memories with a long-time friend.

Easter is now passed, but Resurrection hope carries on each day.

Cheryl said...

I am sure that the time with your friend was well spent . . . with hearts bared and mutual grief and joy. Your tulips are gorgeous! Tulips are such cheerful flowers. I hope that you had a blessed Easter, celebrating Jesus's death and Resurrection!

Catherine said...

Your flowers are just beautiful! How nice to be with a friend you have not seen for long. I am looking for a friend I lost contact for long, but not successful for the moment.
I wish you a nice weekend.

elizabeth said...

that's really beautiful! it's a blessing to have such a friend! Christ is Risen! love to you!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...