Tuesday, 1 July 2025

Dark glasses

 Trying hard to look like one of the most glamorous ladies, Jackie Onassis. It's not really working.


Yesterday I had an operation for removal of a Cataract. The world is blurred but I'm hoping that soon it will be crystal clear. It wasn't a very nice operation, most of taking place under gallons of iodine-y water sloshed over my entire head.

Now I am wearing very large dark glasses and wondering if the look is appealing. or just slightly dim.

18 comments:

Sandi said...

I am sure you look fabulous! 😎

Poppypatchwork said...

Hope you recover quickly, hubby had his done, made his sight much better. Slay the look.

Angela said...

Hope you recover quickly

Jackie said...

Here's hoping all goes well and you recover very quickly.

God bless.

Kay G. said...

Guess what, one of my friends on Instagram just told us on her post that it is most important to eat sweet potatoes for eye health! So, just passing that along to you! Take care!

Granny Marigold said...

That does not sound pleasant at all. I hope the end result is amazing.

Cheryl said...

Wouldn't we all love to look as glam as Jackie O?! :)
Hope you recovery quickly from your cataract surgery! I'm sure you will be so happy that you had it done when your vision greatly improves!

Frugally challenged said...

I had this surgery on both eyes last year and it is great! Hope the world is soon bright and lovely for you.

ellen b. said...

Your surgery sounded daunting. Glad it is over. Hope all goes well with the process and that eyesight will be 20/20 soon.

Elderberry-Rob said...

hope the recovery is quick and the results worth it, I have a developing cataract which I am told won't qualify for NHS removal until my sight is diminished much further along.

KirstenM said...

Husband had both eyes done. Said it was Best thing he ever - the world suddenly became so colourful again. He followed the directions for the different eye drops scrupulous, and also used the hydration drops he was given for some time after. Hope it all goes well.

elizabeth said...

Blessings and hugs 🫂 so hard!! It will be ok!! God is with you 🙏 ❤️ 🫂🫂🫂🫂

Gill said...

That doesn't sound pleasant, but hopefully the operation will have worked. I'm trying to remember to wear my sunglasses when I'm out as have been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration. Xx

Terri said...

Praying that your sight is restored quickly!

Visits With Mary said...

Had both eyes done a few years ago, after it was all over I could see clearer. Hang on, it's going to be great.

Deanna Rabe said...

Wow! I've had both eyes done and it was a quick 20 minute surgery no 'sloshing solution' anywhere! I'm trusting for a quick recovery for you!

Donna said...

Glad the operation went smoothly for you!!
hugs
Donna

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery and that you will be able to see much more clearly very soon.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...