Truro Cathedral is hosting a wonderful exhibition his month. Called Threads through Creation, it is the work of Jacqui Parkinson. It comprises twelve huge panels, each one showing parts of the Genesis story..........in embroidery.
Actually, it is hopeless to try to describe it in words. I had never seen anything quite like it. The first panel shows the 'Beginning' and gradually the story builds up. Let me show you one side of the Cathedral.
Each panel takes the story a little further and becomes more complex. This one is called 'Universe, sparkle with lights'. It's a mixture of fabric engineering, quilt techniques and embroidery, and it really does sparkle.
Jacqui Parkinson, who says that it is her Christian faith that inspires her work, took over three years to finish this amazing collection. If you would like to see more, her website is
There you can see all the panels in better colour than my camera shows. I shall go back for a second look at the exhibition, as one visit isnt enough.



17 comments:
Wow! what an amazing textile artist. Thank you for sharing your visit
I think I saw that at Worcester - wherever it was it was magnificent.
Amazing... the amount of work is incredible. And Truro Cathedral is the perfect setting to display them
I've already already put the dates 8n my diary for when it comes to this part of the country!
She is so gifted. I saw one of her exhibitions in Salisbury
What a wonderful display as well as a beautiful setting. 😁
Absolutely amazing! I can only imagine how it is to actually see her work in person. I'm off to check out her web site💗
What an amazing Church, architecture like that just doesn't exist anymore. I love how the UK and Europe still have so many very old buildings standing. Even old homes. My home is 120 years old and around here it's considered one of the oldest homes in our town. Where I know in the UK you have homes that are four and five hundred years old and still standing strong and absolutely beautiful.
Absolutely amazing.
God bless.
Those are beautiful!
What beautiful artwork that must have taken years to complete. And such a lovely church in which to display it.
What a fascinating display!
Incredible!
What glorious work. And what a treat, Barbara, for you to go and see it in person. Thanks for the link.
thats a nice set of work, I like 'Earth' - not your typical church display :)
This work is stunning and seeing all of the designs together must be quite breathtaking. Truro Cathedral looks like a perfect setting to display the exhibition of a very gifted artist.
These are amazing! I would love to go see them in person one day. Thanks so much for sharing!
Post a Comment