I have had the most lovely time revisiting my region of Brittany. Even though we lived there for many years I have lost confidence in driving in France now, but due to the kindness of friends who have a cottage there, I was taken in their car. I stayed in a lovely hotel in Pontivy, one of my most favourite towns.
Pontivy has a beautiful canal running through the centre.
You can see what warm weather we had. I was able to stroll through the town without a coat. It was so good to revisit little areas, cafes and restaurants, none of which had changed at all!
You can see what warm weather we had. I was able to stroll through the town without a coat. It was so good to revisit little areas, cafes and restaurants, none of which had changed at all!
On the one morning when there was a shower, I sat with a coffee in my favourite bar, one where my husband and I always took our morning coffees.
Catching up with old friends was such a delight, two of whom I hadnt seen for 12 years! Like the buildings, they hadn't changed.
This house belongs to my friends . It's in a delightful little town called Malestroit. They have had a very close encounter with the water on a stormy night, but it didn't actually enter the house.
Isn't it pretty?
I've come back feeling full of gratitude for a truly lovely holiday. Now I have to prepare for a knee replacement operation in October. This I am not looking forward to, but it's necessary.




18 comments:
What a lovely time, and happy memories as you visited special places and met up with dear friends. I hope the eye issue is resolved. Praying for you as you prepare for the knee op. I cannot believe it is 5 years since we visited you & M in Cornwall.
Glad you had a nice time and nice weather in Brittany! We just came back from the Netherlands and unpacked our suitcases.
We walked a lot, met nice people and the weather was correct. Your friend’s house is beautiful!
Surely not 5 years?
I hope your knee replacement is as wonderful as mine. Well worth doing.
I loved tagging along on your lovely trip to France and I'm delighted to hear that things hadn't changed . . . so often that's not the case and can be so disappointing. I'll be praying for a perfect surgery and a complete and speedy recovery :) God bless you sweet friend.
What a lovely place to visit. Your friends home is so pretty.
God bless.
What a wonderful time you had! Those pictures are beautiful! Your friend's house is really unusual I'm glad the water wasn't an issue in the end! That church in the last picture is a very beautiful one! I hope the knee replacement surgery goes well and that the time recovering is one where you feel upheld by the Lord 🙏💕💕💕💕🫂
How lovely that you could have these days in Brittany, revisiting places with wonderful memories. That is a beautiful home and the church, too. Welcome home and I hope all goes well with your knee surgery!
What a treat to go back and find that things had not changed. The town of Pontivy looks lovely with the canal flowing through. Your friend's house is in such a scenic spot ( fortunate that the water didn't cause too much of a problem). I like that old church.
I hope your knee surgery goes well.
What a wonderful time in Brittany, lots of good memories to sustain you through the knee surgery and afterwards while you recover. Praying for everything to go smoothly for you.
I'm thankful you had the opportunity to go back and visit special places. The house is beautiful. Praying that your surgery goes well!
Your corner of Brittany is so pretty, Barbara. I'm glad you were able to return for a visit, and find that many things have not changed. Your friends' house is so charming. I hope your knee surgery goes well.
Your photos are beautiful! I wish you good health and a productive surgery! Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.
Thank you for your impressions and experiences in France. I can well imagine how good it was for you.
My daughter is a French teacher, and we often went to France together... it's her love, too.
Well, but when I think of Cornwall: It's also absolutely enchanting.
All the best for your knee surgery. The doctors are doing a wonderful job these days... I'll keep my fingers crossed and send you my warmest regards.
What a blessing to be able to spend time with friends and revisit the places, the friends, the memories where you once lived! Remind us of the scheduled knee surgery when the time comes so that we can pray for you!
What a lovely holiday and so kind of your friends to help you out. Their home is indeed lovely. I'm amazed that you could say nothing has changed. You couldn't say that about anywhere in the United States, I don't think! So sweet that you got to visit with dear friends. Such a blessing! Will be praying for you as you await the knee replacement, hugs!
Beautiful blog
Please read my post
Post a Comment