Along with the obligatory exercises and walking practice, I have spent quite a lot of time just watching. I have been surprised at how much of my energy it takes to go through the list of exercises each day, but I know that they have to be done.
My armchair, (book, rug, drink etc etc) into which I happily flop, faces large sitting room windows. Although this is a relatively small close of homes, there is always something or someone to watch going by. I see the same faces and the same dogs. Delivery vans stop with groceries. A huge lorry came yesterday delivering stone to someone who is having work done. A friend goes by and waves, Mr T wheels his wife by in her wheelchair, two girls ride their ponies along the road. All manner of life is here.
I've also been watching TV and have been interested to see the 'Christmas advertisements' offered by the bigger companies such as John Lewis and Marks and Spencer. So many of them are wholly focussed on FOOD. So far the only one with a little bit of social awareness seems to be Lidl. It has been criticised, but at least they tried!
I am looking forward to getting out into the garden, not too safe on crutches at the minute, but soon! The beautiful red leaves of the cherry tree have fallen overnight, and the branches are bare. But there will be bulbs soon and Spring to look forward to.

14 comments:
https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2025/11/christmas-adverts-2025/ Here are all of them..
Our sitting room window looks out to the road. It's not busy so each passer-by attracts more notice. No ponies, sadly!
Glad to hear exercises going well.
I'm thinking as I was reading your post that this has all the makings of a good Agatha Christie novel with Miss Marple! lol Keep plugging away at those exercies.
Terri's comment about Miss Marple took me to Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. :) How nice to have a chair facing the window to watch your world go by. Your perseverance will pay off with those exercises. (Easier said than done) Blessings!
A beautiful post. Thank you.
There is a lot of waiting in healing after surgery. Watching your world pass by your window sounds interesting. I like the references to Miss Marple in the comments.
Keep doing those exercises and you will be able to get out to the garden. My your street seems to be fairly busy.
God bless.
I have to smile as I picture you as Miss Marple watching out your front window. You seem to be recovering well which is such good news.
I happened across an old blog post of mine from 2018, in which you had left me a comment, and you came to mind today. I clicked over to see if you are still blogging and was happy to see that you are. I hope all is well with you!
Soon you'll be ready to go out! Lots of Christmas events coming I'm sure. Meanwhile, how lovely to watch people come and go, kids on ponies, dogs being walked...
How lovely to have such a great spot for the art of watching as you convalesce. Hopefully you'll be ready to go out before too long.
We had snow today, so we didn't venture out at all. I was grateful that we could stay put - many had to wend their way along the mess of slippery roads. 'Tis the season ! Take care, Barbara. xo
I'm glad to hear that your knee operation seems to have gone well and that you are starting to feel better. It is interesting to watch the world go by from your armchair sometimes. Hopefully it won't be too long before you can get outside and enjoy the outside again but please take care.
Going into Winter here in Texas...Glad you are healing well and will be out in that garden soon!
Happy week friend!
hugs
Donna
You are doing very well! Im glad you can see whats going on outside, im a terrible curtain twitcher but do love to see what the neighbours are up to! We have a walk in the woods with the allotment group planned for tomorrow, ending in a pub lunch. After very heavy rain today it will be slippery but I don't mind, there's so much colour around us at the moment, I can't wait to be out exploring! I hope you can get into the garden safely, take care. Betty
Post a Comment