At last I can show you my Peony! I've been gazing at Peonies on several blogs and wondering when mine would open, Here she is.
I call her, for obvious reasons, 'Queen mother's hat', meaning no disrespect to our dear late Queen mother.
Or maybe a tutu worn by a beautiful Ballerina?
Sadly she wont last very long, but the gentle perfume she emits is giving me so much pleasure. And there are eight more flowers to open!
17 comments:
that is so lovely!!!!!
Oh, I like your lovely pink Peony and I can see why she makes you think of the Queen Mom's hat!!
Oh my, very gorgeous indeed!
They are stunning blooms, sadly mine is having an off year, only one bloom.
Very, very pretty. Call it anything you like, it is yours! Lucky you!
What a beauty. And very much like the Queen Mother's hat 😊
That's such a brilliant name for a beautiful peony! I wonder if she had a hat that colour?
That's stunning.
We need more hat wearing women
The flowers may have a lesson to teach us about our own lives. Their blossoms may not last forever, but what they give to those who stop to smell them becomes a lasting memory that remains untouched by time. Perhaps we, too, can become flowers in the lives of other people. Greetings from Greece!
My gorgeous Peony had 10 blooms this year - so beautiful. I wasn't tempted to cut any blooms to bring indoors as I thought they deserved a longer life in the garden. But after a night of heavy rain rhey were all battered down on the ground. . :( So sad!
She's a beauty, ad I love that she reminds you of the Queen Mother's hats! An apt comparison.
Such a beauty. I planted a peony for the very first time. I sure hope it takes.
God bless.
I love peony flowers and yours is beautiful!
Beautiful. I'm enjoying the scent of our pink peonies on this side of the pond, too. Happy Peonies to you. They do have such a short life.
very beautiful, I don't have any, I think Queen Mother's Hat is a very becoming title.
You peony is beautiful mine were in bloom in April and Mayso until next year now!
Post a Comment