Whatever next??
Poor harmless Janet and John books, used by so many schools, loved by so many children, now have a warning.
I cannot believe it. Yes, if you look at them now they have old fashioned ideas, Mummy busy doing the washing up while Daddy reads his newspaper. It happened. It was life. Surely we are all adult enough to realise that different times bring different values?
Do we really need a warning? And what next? The Flopsy bunnies pilloried because Mr McGregor was a nasty man? Winnie the Pooh books pushed aside because Eeyore had mental health problems?
I did have my suspicions about certain people in the Famous Five books though!
13 comments:
Dear God in Heaven help us.
It is absolutely ridiculous isn't it. So many of us learnt to read with these books, and it was just how it was at the time. It didn't make us all want to live our lives according to them though, although if we wanted to we could.
How stupid. I could already read when I went to school, but remember these books being handed out. It was different times then and people should realise that. Xx
So common in our woke world. So much of our past is being rewritten.
Surely we are intelligent enough to know that times have changed and these books reflect the world that was. A good opportunity to teach children.
I agree completely with the comments that have been posted. Sheer stupidity.
So that means no more Dickens, Austen, Shakespeare...
The world has gone crazy! :-(
People (or at least some of them) have gone completely nuts. In some school districts here across the pond we don't get a warning instead the books are "banned". Crazy.
God bless.
The wording on my initial comment didn't come out right. Oye. This is so ridiculous.
The woke have taken over, ridiculous. How long before they take the Bible and find faultl with it.
Even though I live in Greece and didn't know about this, it brings me great distress to see this kind of warning label on books. I truly see absolutely no reason for such a warning. A mother might have taken care of the household which is a real job, because raising a family beautifully requires so much strength and the father had to take care of the finances. In a family where people love one another, where exactly is the problem? I mean, do they honestly believe that the modern family, where both parents are out of the house working all day, struggling to raise our kids while still facing financial hardships, doesn't deserve a warning label? If anything, we are the ones who need a label like that for the kind of society they have built the very one they are now warning us about.
Post a Comment