This week I have been the recipient of kindness, in the shape of two parcels.
Neither of the parcels were expected, both were a surprise from two people who wanted to show that they cared.
I was overwhelmed.
The first came from Belgium, sent from a delightful and knowledgable gardener whom I have met once when she was in Cornwall on a visit.
Bayou knows how I love my little garden.
In the box were two wonderful bags of Summer bulbs, lilies, iris, and others, just waiting to be planted where they could shine, could fill a corner with gorgeous colour.
There were other special treasures too, just the sort of things that appeal to me, little handmade buttons, one of which is below.
Sadly the chocolates cannot be shown.
They've been eaten!
The second parcel came from New Zealand, again unexpected.
It was, said the sender, a 'Care' package.
Shane and I first got in touch some years ago with a swap and have kept in touch.
In the box was an exquisite little cup and saucer, with my favourite roses on, chosen especially.
A magazine from NZ accompanied the box.
,
A lovely apron, manuka honey tea, and more chocolates
came out of the box.
It was like having birthdays and Christmas rolled into one.
I felt undeserving.
There are many among you who look after family members, who have other problems , losses, or worries.
Being a full time carer has its joys and sadness. It is never what one expects from life and there are many times when total exhaustion creeps in and you wonder how to get to the next day.
But in weeks like this, such lovely hands reaching out to me from a long way around the world make such a difference.
Thank you my friends, more than I can say.
18 comments:
So lovely, and deserved! I remember the joy of receiving beautiful daffodils from you once. :) Xxx
Oh Elizabeth, I am so happy for you! Kindness is such a beautiful thing and brings so much joy. Your gifts are just lovely and ones that you can enjoy over and over! Friendship is such a blessing :) Enjoy!
What lovely acts of kindness. Your parcels contents are truly lovely. Enjoy them x
Oh how lovely! I'm so happy for you, enjoy!!!
Have a nice weekend & some good tea in that lovely teacup ;)
Love, Carolien
How lovely to see you have received some really personalised and thoughtful gifts, what kind and friendly people there are in blogland. Betty
What a thoughtful thing to do. Such a blessing and lift to the spirit to know you are thought of in such a special way. Enjoy!
God bless the givers and the receiver!
What a blessing!
Such gifts show how greatly you are loved! Blessings x x
What wonderful gifts to brighten your day! You are deserving!!!
My, what precious friends :) You are such a kind lady, my friend, so I can see that it would be easy to "spoil" you {{smiles}} She is an absolute sweetheart, isn't she!
Have a wonderful week! Hugs!
Bless you ! I have been reading your journal and love the embroidery that you have done and I,m glad that you are also enjoying pottering about in your garden . May the sun , the birds , the bees and butterflies all come and visit you and give you joy ! : )
What lovely surprises. I'm sure the gifts will be thoroughly enjoyed but the greatest gift is the treasured friendships you share.
your truly deserving, bless you.
What thoughtfulness. It sounds like these treats came at a time when you would appreciate them the most. So nice to be thought of like that!
What sweet surprises!
Well deserved my dear. It sounds like He knew you needed something at that exact time.
xoxo
Hi Elizabeth - what lovely china! And what a great excuse to put the kettle on...
Very best wishes
Dawn
Post a Comment