Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Stephanie's mug exchange...and a big thank you.

Firstly I want to thank you for the very kind and thoughtful messages wishing me a swift recovery from pleurisy.
I had no idea that one's strength and energy levels could simply disappear into a black hole.
However, I'm climbing back up again. Slowly and carefully.

The pictures below show a delightful package of gifts sent to me through Stephanie's annual Mug and Cup exchange. My partner was Jaana from Sweden.
Besides the mug she added some 'real' tea, ie not teabags, in my favourite flavour of Lapsang. There were delicious biscuits, a notebook, more tea, a pretty table mat.....


See how pretty the mug is, and made in Sweden too.
Blue, my favourite colour!

The round tin (are those Moomins?)contained the mug, and I shall use it for storing biscuits.
A calendar,  all in Swedish.  A useful little mat with a picture of Stockholm. 
 Such a sweet notebook with a matching pen. That will stay in my handbag for shopping notes.

This has become my daily Coffee mug.
Somehow the cookies are no longer with me. Wonder who ate them?
Thank you Jaana for such a thoughtful exchange parcel.!
And many thanks to Stephanie who arranges and organises this swap. It takes a lot of time as there are over a hundred participants.


Valery Anne, to whom I sent my gifts, replied with this beautifully handmade card. Each teacup is separately cut.
She makes the most professional cards.

Now, into a new month. Winter creeps nearer, but thankfully we are still enjoying sunny days.

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better. It does take some time to get your energy back.
Such a sweet gift! I love the mug, being partial to blue too.:-)
Enjoy your day ♥

Elderberry-Rob said...

Fun to take part in a swap, haven't seen any in blogland for ages - you had a lovely partner.

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Pleurisy is not fun! Lovely mug gifts from Sweden! I love blue too. You will enjoy all that. Have a good day.

Stephanie said...

Sweetest friend, you have been on my heart and mind for the last couple of weeks...what a joy to see this post. I am so glad you are doing a little better. Please know that you will remain in my prayers as you continue to recover.

Thank you for sharing photos of the lovely things you received from Jaana. The mug is quite the beauty, my friend, and I can see why it has become your daily coffee mug :)

Sending love and hugs your way!

Angela said...

What a charming gift. The coaster is attractive, and the Moomins are always cute. So glad you are on the mend x

Frances said...

Dear Elizabeth, I am so glad that you are steadily recovering from your illness. As someone has already commented, pleurisy is scary.

Not at all scary is that lovely collection of gifts sent to you from Sweden! Yes, that mug would quickly become a favorite with its lovely design and perfect size.

Best wishes to you and yours. xo

Mary said...

Catching up as I've been away and had no idea about your illness my dear.
So sorry and hope you will soon be completely recovered. Meanwhile, the contents of this most lovely and thoughtful gift parcel must be egging you along to optimal health again - such pretty things from and to you two lovely, special ladies!
Hope hubby is doing OK also.
Take care - be well soon.
Hugs - Mary

Debbie Harris said...

I was sorry to hear of your illness, but praising the Lord for your continued strength. I will add you to my prayer journal, sweet lady.

Such beautiful gifts from Sweden. Jaana has certainly graced you with some lovely gifts and a very beautiful mug.

The Lord bless you~~

Simple Living said...

What beautiful gifts you have received, enjoy x

Carolien said...

Hello Elizabeth,

I am very happy that you're climbing up again. Lovely mug and other gifts!

Love, Carolien

Alex said...

Barabara I just messaged you to enquire ~ should've gone to Blogger first!
Glad to see you are picking up :)
That blue mug could not have been more perfect for you, I think! Lovely gifts.

Pom Pom said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! I love the mug you received. Blue mugs are so cheerful!

ellen b. said...

Good news about you feeling better. That a lovely mug!

bristowmom said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better. What lovely swap gifts you received!

bayou said...

So good to see you climbing out of your hole. Continue your recovery, sending boatloads of good wishes! Anke

Cheryl said...

Oh, dear friend! I am SO sorry to hear that you have been suffering so! I have heard that pleurisy is so painful...they once thought I had it, and I remember the awful pain when I would breathe. I do trust Jesus to heal you speedily, and I apologize that I am so long in visiting you here. It seems I have fallen way behind on my blog visits...life is so busy! But, so very, very blessed. God is so good. I am so thankful you were so abundantly blessed by the tea cup exchange! Such lovely things you were sent, and I am sure you sent a lovely package, too. God bless you, my dear friend...I hope you feel much better soon.

Skyeler said...

Such a lovely package! And that mug, absolutely pretty. :)

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your mug! Such a lovely package of goodies. This has been fun getting to meet new bloggers. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

quakerhillfarm said...

Trusting daily you will continue to feel better! A love box of pretties you received! What fun.

ann said...

Hello. I am so glad that you are on the mend. I thought about you as I searched for one of the crocheted pieces that you sent me for the dollhouse because one will go into the new dollhouse, too. I finally found them. I read about the tea cup exchange at Lavender Cottage and what a nice little treat it is to receive pretty things in the mail. I love the rose notepad.

Linda Walker said...

You received some lovely items in your gift package! I do love that mug and I would be using it daily too! hope you are feeling better!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Snap said...

Glad you are feeling better. You received some lovely tea items. I love blue -- so I love the mug! Have a lovely, tea filled week!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I have been praying for you Elizabeth, and so thankful to hear that you are starting to feel better, how is your husband doing as well? You both continue to be in my prayers. And such a delightful package you received from Sweden, I've never heard of Lapsang tea, it sounds delightful! And all the precious goodies she included, a taste of Sweden for sure! Such a lovely card you received from Valery too! Isn't this tea partying just so much fun and joyous! Hugs to you today dear friend, you will continue to be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

What a fun package! You were truly blessed. :)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I can see why your new mug has become the daily one for coffee, it's gorgeous.
Get well wishes from Canada to you, hope you're feeling better.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Your tea exchange treasures are absolutely wonderful! I really love your blue and white mug, and it is extra special coming from Sweden for sure!

It's so oddly warm here; warmest & nicest fall weather in my recollection! My iris are blooming for the THIRD time right now! It's mid Ohio! I used to cheer at football games sometimes in the SNOW!

Loving this warm stuff!

Trisha said...

I always love seeing what everyone gets and gives... So much fun!!

~Trisha

Kim said...

What lovely gifts you received from Jaana. The blue mug is so pretty. The hue blue is my favourite colour as well. So happy to visit your lovely blog via Stephanie's tea cup exchange. Enjoy those remaining sunny days drinkng a lovely cup of tea in your new mug!

September Violets said...

Sorry to hear you've not been well, but it's nice to hear you are on the road to recovery. You received such a beautiful tea package from Jaana! I love that beautiful tea mug with such an interesting pattern and so delicate looking. The teacup card is very sweet :)
Wendy

Mizumatte said...

sorry to hear you have been ill. yes, those cookies just disappear every time I buy them.I. ' m happy you liked all, next time I will send you coffee instead of tea. take care of you self

Dawn athomeincornwall.co.uk said...

Hello from a fellow Cornish girl. It's lovely to receive from so far away, isn't it? And I was buddies with Valery Anne in the last swap - small world!

Hope your health continues to improve. I'm sure your parcel made you smile.

Take care

Dawn

Daisy Debs said...

Good I,m glad you're feeling better too and enjoying a few treats . Nothing better than a nice cup of tea and a biscuit ..you take it easy now ! x

Aritha V. said...

Sweet gift!!!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Glad you're feeling better. What a lovely swap, such thoughtful gifts xx

Lorrie said...

I am so glad to read that you are on the mend. It does take a long time to regain full strength after an illness. The parcel is full of lovely things, and I'm guessing it helped cheer you up. The mug is so pretty - in my favourite blue and white, as well.

Margie said...

What a lovely package! It's always fun to receive gifts from other countries.

Sarah said...

I am so glad you are feeling better, Elizabeth! I am continuing to pray for you.

What a lovely gift to receive! I am sure that brightened up your day especially during this time of illness. :)

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...