Continuing with a little decorating, a friend and I made wreaths this week.
I found some very solid moss covered bases on Ebay. We gathered lots of greenery, ivy, fir, holly and whatever we could find from our gardens. Then armed with wires and glue guns, ribbons and fircones we created very pretty wreaths.
Somehow more satisfying than buying a ready made one.
I wound mine round with little lights. They come on in the evening and switch themselves off later.
And a little tree now sits in a corner of the sitting room.
We're done.
Just in time to welcome my daughter and grandson, coming from Canada to be with us for Christmas.
16 comments:
I love that you made your own wreaths...and made a party out of it, to boot! It's always fun to do things with a friend!
Merry Christmas as you celebrate with your dear family!
Your wreath is so pretty!! We a little tree too, all we need in our 'not so young' years!!
Yours must be the perfect grandma house to visit for Christmas. I am happy to hear that you will have family for the holiday. The wreath is project is a good one. I donated all of my artificial wreaths that I had had for so many years. Now I don't have any. But that's okay. I have enough Christmas Cheer. Enjoy your family.
How lovely that you will have family with you this Christmas. All the way from across the pond!
What a lovely door wreath! So inviting and festive.
Wishing you a beautiful day...
Brenda
xox
You've got a real talent! Have a happy and blessed Christmas with your family.
Joyful! Joyful! I'm so glad your girl and g-son are coming! You will LOVE that! Did you make a pudding?
It looks wonderful, Elizabeth! What a lovely welcome for your daughter and grandson as well ...
What a pleasure, the advent calendar every morning ... do you enjoy it also so much? It's one of the first things I do in the morning :)
Have a good night! Love, Carolien
Sadly, no one likes Christmas pudding!
Have a happy time! Your wreath looks really professional.
Beautiful wreath, I love the lights on it. Have fun with your family xx
Fantastic wreath, I have never made one but maybe next year, how wonderful that your family is coming over xx
Beautiful wreath- and how lovely to have your daughter & grandson with you for the special day.
So happy to hear your daughter and grandson will be with you at Christmas. Wonderful...
Sweet and simple decorating. Enjoy the days with your daughter and grandson from Canada.
Oh joy, how nice that you will be with so dear family for the festive days. Love your work, it is always so much more fun to do it with a friend, isn't it? Here also, nothing is bought, all from nature. Even the wreath, just a straw base and moss and everything else from the woods. Happy Christmas to you!
Wow! Your wreath is beautiful!!! I love that you used things from your yard and the tiny lights. Makes a much more meaningful experience. Love & hugs!
BTW- I am loving your winter-scape blog look :)
Post a Comment