Well, the weekend began on Friday evening with a medley of roaring temperatures, rigors, paramedic visit and, thank you Lord, not a hospital visit.
Poor husband is gradually recovering.
Paramedic was here till 3 am so I'm still catching up!
However, on the up side, here are the first of my beautiful creamy Hellebores.
These were brought back from my French garden as babies from the original 'too big to move' plants. Everyone told me the colour might not be true, but it is perfect.
A very beautiful bouquet arrived, a surprise from a dear Blog friend, who could not have known how much I needed something lovely.
Full of exquisitely scented Freesias, Alstromerias and Goldenrod, it is so dainty and delights me every time I go into the sitting room.
A kind thought meaning so much.
I often find that where there are 'downs' they are often followed by 'ups'.
23 comments:
How beautiful! How kind, too. God be with you and your husband. Healing prayers.
Praying for you as you care for your husband. I do the same there here....God bless.
Glad you could avoid a hospital visit, hope your husband is improving xx
So sorry to hear about what your husband (and you!) went through, though I am so glad that a hospital visit wasn't necessary and he is recovering. I will continue to be praying for you both and especially him!
What lovely flowers .. . and such a thoughtful gift!
Oh, how I love when God sends such gifts exactly when we need them! I like your perspective of ups and downs, and I am so glad that your husband is recovering. Take care!
How lovely to receive such a kind gift from a friend. I hope there are more ups than downs in your life.
How very thoughtful of your sweet friend and boy
I'm certain the fragrance is wonderful. There's nothing like the fragrance of free said.
I pray you have better days ahead.
How very thoughtful of your sweet friend and boy
I'm certain the fragrance is wonderful. There's nothing like the fragrance of free said.
I pray you have better days ahead.
I haven't been around much due to a situation very much like yours. I send you my love Dear Friend. Do you know, it has been 10 years since we met through that CL blog? Such a lot has happened with moves and health concerns for our loved ones. 8a so glad that I stopped by this evening.
sincerely wishing hubby a speedy recovery and that you can keep your strength reserves up whilst caring for him. Lovely blogging friend to surprise you with flowers. Betty
Praying that you have the added resources you need to care for your beloved, and that he feels better soon. I love the fragrance of freesias too. Blessings x
Sending good wishes to you both. X.
I think you are so right about the "ups and downs" moments.
Sending get well wishes for your husband.
Your flowers are gorgeous, I have two Hellabores they are doing very well, I love them.
Good morning Elizabeth,
I hope your husband will be recovered soon.
What a sweet flowers and how nice to have the hellebores as a beautiful memory of France ...
Have a good week & love, Carolien
Dear Barbara, hope it all goes quickly back into the 'normal'. I know exactly what you mean (where is lots of light is lots of shade?), we too started the year very low but hopefully now are on the up. However, no hellebores here, all covered under a huge blanket of snow which is welcome as the temperatures are -10°C or less by night. Best wishes to both of you!
I'm praying for your dear husband. I'm glad it all didn't end up in a hospital stay. Your flowers are so lovely, such a bright spot for you.
A heartfelt prayer for your husband and you! The flowers are so lovely, just what you needed from your sweet friend to make you smile!
It is just like the Lord to send something to cheer your heart when you needed cheering. The flowers are lovely and such a bright spot!
Prayers for you and your dear husband. Love the flowers in your garden as well.
Sorry you both have had to go through that worry. Praying he will be well very soon.
I think your bouquet must have brought a breath of Spring...and hope : )
Dear Elizabeth, as Pondside has already commented, it amazes me that we all could have been blogging for so many years. i send you my very best wishes and am so thankful that the recent medical situation did not result in a hospital stay.
Your transplanted hellebores are so pretty. It is way too early to see any of such beauties over in Central Park; however, when I walked across the Park with a friend this morning, we did see some brave little snowdrops beginning to bloom. That sight made both of us smile! xo
Lord bless you and your husband! That would be so stressful! how thoughtful, the flowers! and yours are lovely too!!! May God continue to encourage, uphold and sustain you!
Fervent prayers for better days ahead, my dear friend! Lovely bouquet and your flowers are delightful looking. No blooms or blossoms here yet. Love to you, Barbara!
I'm SO sorry to hear about your husband's health scare! Oh I do pray he is feeling much better now, and am so thankful that you did not have to make the visit to the hospital. I like what you said about the ups and downs, it is amazing how the Lord provides sweet little surprises when we need them the most! Those yellow flowers are simply gorgeous!
I received your amazing package in the mail, and I can't stop from touching each fabric and looking at them! I hope to warm up my sewing machine soon, and get my creative juices flowing! Thank you for the lavender sachet too, ohh it simply smelled divine! And the little package of extra laces and ribbons, oh, just lovely! Simply made my day, thank you so much dear Barbara! I will be continuing to pray for both you and your husband :) Hugs to you today!
Post a Comment