Monday, 2 April 2018

Our Easter Sunday


Chocolate Easter eggs all gone, mostly given away to Carers with children, or even without. 'Mmm' they said, 'this'll get me through till lunchtime today'.

Easter flowers around the house are lasting well.
We had a delightful Easter service at our church. Nowadays it is rare for us to be able to get there, but one of the very kind wardens came here to help me assist my husband and wheelchair into the car, then saved a parking place at the church. It's a hilly little path down to the door so I had some help with that also.

Kea Church

Spring flowers blooming around the church.
Beautiful music both traditional and new.
A flower decorated cross at the altar.
Children and families welcomed and after an hour sent off on an Easter egg hunt.
Communion service for those if us who stayed.
And then lunch with a friend nearby.

What a lovely Easter Sunday.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does, indeed, sound like a blessed Easter. The photo of the church and flowers is gorgeous. Wishing you both a nice week.

Frugally challenged said...

So glad you could both get to church for Easter.

Kathleen Grace said...

Your church is so beautiful! What a lovely church family you must have, I am so glad you were able to attend! Happy Easter to you and your dear husband Elizabeth!

Terri said...

What a gorgeous church! I'm glad you had a wonderful Easter.

Lorrie said...

It sounds like a perfectly lovely Easter Day. The church is beautiful.

bristowmom said...

What a beautiful church! Wonderful of that warden to make it possible for you to attend Easter services.

ellen b. said...

Sounds just lovely!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful church!

When I was a teenager my dad became paralyzed & my mother missed church most of the time to take care of him. She was always grateful for help in getting him to church occasionally. What kind friends you have to help you with that! It is such a good gift.

Cheryl said...

I am happy that you were able to enjoy this most special day!

Carolien said...

Hello dear Elizabeth,

Happy Easter! The church is beautiful and I am so glad you could go together.

Hugs, Carolien

Connie said...

I think that it is wonderful that you had help to attend church on Easter. Your church is beautiful and it sounds like there are some very fine and loving people who attend services there.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful church.

Helen Philipps said...

So happy to hear this...such a pretty church and a lovely Easter post. Xox

Zaa said...

What a blessing to have assistance with you husband to attend church ... and I’m sure your chocolates were greatly appreciated by others... Sweet sentiments for Easter.... Your church picture is beautiful thank you for sharing ... Blessings..xoxox

Anne Payne said...

That is a lovely pastoral scene!!! So glad that the Lord made it possible for y'all to attend worship service. Much love to you both! I know I'm a horrible communicator and should write more often but you are in my prayers. Love you much!!!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...