Look at this naughty visitor to my bird feeders.
I can't get too cross with him, as he comes only now and then, and doesn't stop long.
Maybe he /she has a family to feed?!
A few roses for you.
The Shepherdess, Molyneux, Dancing Queen,
Golden Gate and Scent-sation. All mingling together to make a very highly scented delight.
20 comments:
Your roses are beautiful:) We used to have squirrels when we lived at our old house, it was so much fun watching them play. Thank you for the comment you left on my last post. I agree full-heartedly, when cahnge comes and you cann't do anything about . . . just accept and move on :) It's that way with many things in life and so much easier and peaceful than putting up a fight that you can't win anyway. Life is to short for hassles.
Have a pleasant weekend.
Connie :)
In a previous garden, the regular pair of squirrels wrecked several peanut holders by chewing the mesh. I tried several types of feeder but none survived for long. Eventually, I found - and bought - an all-singing, all-dancing feeder which was ABSOLUTELY squirrel proof. "Ha!" I thought, "this will stop your tricks!" I filled the new feeder and hung it on the Rown tree and waited to see the fun.
The 2 squirrels came running along the fence, tried to get at the peanuts but couldn't. So in a flash, they snatched it from the branch and scurried off with the whole thing!!!!
'Rowan' tree not Rown!
It's hard to get angry with the squirrels - they are so cute! Your rose bouquet is gorgeous and I, too, love Country Living magazine!
The squirrels are determined for sure.
The roses are lovely!
Stunning roses!
I will be happy to ship an entire family of the little rascals to you for free dear Barbara! We have so many and they eat a lot of our birdseed! They are, BTW, very smart and it's impossible to stop them. . . . . . we've tried
everything!
Mary x
You just can't stop a determine squirrel!
I know a lot of people are annoyed that squirrels steal all the bird seed, but I quite like them - 'ours' like apples left out and so I throw out any that are past their best and they are gratefully taken.
Little bold rascal. Too cute for words, isn't he? Those roses are spectacular. What a bouquet for the senses!
Happy Day...
Brenda xox
Those roses are amazing. So pretty. Good attitude about the squirrel.
Oh my! Your roses are stunning! I can almost smell them.
I think I dislike squirrels almost more than any other pest in my yard. I've stopped trying to grow a vegetable garden because all I did was grow a buffet for them. Literally. They are super cute in someone else's yard. ;)
I enjoy the antics of the squirrels who visit our yard. They are so lively and fun to watch!
Your rose bouquet is charming!
He's a cheeky little thing, and cute, too. I haven't seen many squirrels around lately, but I know they are near by, for I find peanuts all over my garden. People put them out for them. You have a delightful assortment of roses in your bouquet.
Your roses are amazing! So beautiful!
I missed this post! thank you so much for your kind comment and prayers! I know you very much understand the feelings I was expressing!!! That is such a funny squirrel! my parents have had such a time with squirrels in their feeder that my Dad built a kind of metal fence around it to keep them out! :) He loves to build things! Beautiful roses!!! flowers are such a gift from Heaven to us! God bless! and thanks again for caring and reaching out via my blog yesterday, that means a lot to me.
That squirrel does look so cute! Your roses are beautiful. Found out recently that we can't have bird feeders here except hummingbird or nectar ones. I have both and really hate to give up my bird feeder. Really enjoy watching birds come but they say it attract chipmunks, etc which ruins the buildings. We have a tray under ours which catches most of the seeds but the shells are on the ground. I don't like this rule needless to say! I do have a hummingbird feeder so will continue to enjoy that! Nancy
Your roses are beautiful and I love how sweet you are concerning the squirrel. They are so much fun to watch :)
Your rose bouquet is beautiful!
Wow! Barbara, you have the greenest thumb for growing gorgeous flowers!
Post a Comment