Back in Cornwall after a wonderful fortnight away in Brighton.
This photo is of the view from the Centre, nothing between it and the ocean.
My husband had a few days in the workshops studying Soapstone carving with a Tutor. I shopped a little, swam a little and also met a friend for lunch. Betty (The Wood Fairy) and I met three years ago and it was lovely to have a non stop chat with her again.
We flew up from Newquay to Gatwick, which is when one realises how unused to the city we are. So many people.
Now, in the heat of Summer, I'm trying to dampen down the garden. Kind friends watered the greenhouse for me and I found a beautiful bunch of my sweet peas in a vase on the table when we got home.
The Peony surpassed my expectations, and kindly flowered just before we left. I must plant more next year.
I am dropping in and out of your Blogs catching up with so many posts.
13 comments:
Glad you had a lovely getaway!
That peony is gorgeous!
Glad you had a good time 😊
That's great! How lovely that you can have a holiday together but each do your own thing.
It was so lovely meeting up and i
am glad you had a good rest and have returned home refreshed. The peony is beautiful. Betty x
Oh my! I wish I could have visited with you and Betty! How fun! I'm glad you are safely home.
Glad you had a wonderful time!
sounds like a very wonderful time, I am so glad!!! Welcome back to your home and to have such friends and a garden to welcome you! Wonderful. I know things are not easy in this life and I just wanted to rejoice with you at the moments of rest and that you have friends, a garden and a good home to return to. God bless you and your beloved Husband!
So glad to know that you had a wonderful time Barbara :) your peony is just lovely ...
A much needed break for you both and that Peonie is quite stunning xx
I'm glad ypu had a great time!beautiful photos!
Cheers, Sandra
That is some view!!! So glad you and your husband enjoyed a relaxing respite. The Peony is just stunning!!! I have to plant any here in VA because so much of what I have planted struggles mercilessly in this heat and sun. I could literally water everyday and for some of the plants, it would not help. But I enjoy seeing everyone else's beautiful flowers so keep posting these pictures. :-) Much love, my friend!
Your getaway sounds relaxing and enjoyable. That expansive view is wonderful. I read about the intense heat in the UK and wish that things would even out a little, as our temperatures are somewhat cooler just now.
How sweet to return home to know that your greenhouse was cared for and to a beautiful bunch of our sweet peas sitting on the table.
That's a very sweet "welcome home" :)
Post a Comment