Suddenly the feeling has changed.
Sloping quietly through November has not prepared me for a slight mental panic about the things I haven't completed.
There are still cards to be posted, but feebly I give up when I look at the queue in our village Post office...and creep home. Tomorrow it will be better, I tell myself, which is probably why people won't receive their cards till January.
I dared to go into town, hoping to get into Marks and Spencer, but had to laugh in desperation when I saw the 'FULL' signs, with cars parked well out of the drive in. So, came home, with a resolution to get up very early and go before the crowds.
Except that probably every other person is planning the same.
However, as Peanuts tells us..Keep looking up,
which made me think about the real reasons that we celebrate Christmas, not for the shopping experiences, but to look up and praise God for the gift He gave us.

15 comments:
I like your phrase 'sloping through November'. I had a rush of that feeling too that it's time to get on with things. This weekend we are seeing some of the family that we won't see at Christmas, so we're having a little early celebration tomorrow. SO I'm off to the shops myself, but hopefully it won't be too much of a zoo. (we can always hope).
Wishing you a good start to December ...
Brenda xox
Amen!
It seems the older I get the more traffic and crowds get on my nerves! You are right, it's all about the birth of Christ and you don't have to get out to do worship Him.
I hear you on not wanting to brave crowds! I don't really get out to stores to buy gifts anymore (well other than maybe Trader Joes + 1 grocery store that sells vegan stroopwafels) ... I order things online ... (amazon and etsy mainly). Perhaps that is a way forward for you too?
Amen!
Amen from me too!
Hello dear B. I know what you mean! The crowds deter me, too. Thank you for your kind comment about my hair. That was a new to me hairdresser, a mother of 5 and a fairly new career for her. She's a believer and was very sweet and chatty. It's always good to find someone nice who can address my needy haircut woes! LOL! Happy December, friend!
You said it beautifully my friend! I couldn’t agree more! Have a good weekend ❤️
Your words "sloping through November" are so apt. For me, November was crazy and I'm looking forward (perhaps a bit optimistically) to a quieter December. We'll see how that pans out.
Thank you for your comments on my blog. Somehow, they don't come to my email, but I see them when I check the blog and sometimes reply to them there.
I hope the crowds stay home early in the day to enable you to get your shopping done more comfortably.
Amen! Tomorrow is always new! Take your time in sending cards and things .... 💜💜
I find normal day to day shopping a pain now, let along the throngs of people out looking for Christmas shopping bargains!
It seems it’s become a world wide phenomenon - this “shop till you drop”.
Car parks are hard to find here too, so like everyone else I try to be the early bird only to find that others have beaten me to it!
I think we should think more of giving our ‘presence’ rather than ‘presents’ - especially you dear friend.😘
Benji, my rescue dog with Separation Anxiety, gets into such a state when left that shopping is impossible. My purchases are all online, but who knew that December was here and if my orders aren't placed, the items won't be delivered! So it's Panic Time with presents still to buy, cards to be written, Christmas decorations to put up, bedrooms to be re-arranged all within 2 weeks. All needs to be done before I go away for a week and return with family who will be staying with me until after New Year. Aaaarrrggghh!
The cards that arrive in January are so welcome - I have more time to read them :-)
Always good to look up and be bolstered by what really matters and the reason for the season!
I love the picture of Mousehole Harbor! Reminds me of Doc Martin tv show. :)
The crowds here are horrid from Thanksgiving until after the New Year. I had to look up Marks and Spencer. It looks like a great place to shop!
Post a Comment