Sunday, 25 November 2018

Lazy Sunday


It's a lazy Sunday today.
The weather is cold but dry, so I took a little time in the garden just clearing up leaves, but it did get cold very quickly. 
I have managed to  get roses and clematis cut back and lots of compost put round them. The greenhouse is full of geraniums, well wrapped up in Bubble wrap, so hopefully they will go on to next year.
I don't make many cakes but with family around I thought I would just make some cupcakes this afternoon.
I am fighting weight gain with the Steroids that I'm on, so have to be careful to avoid temptations!




Some little bits of sewing got finished while my husband watched the Formula one racing from Abu Dhabi. I think I would quite like to be there for the sunshine right now (not for the racing).

Maybe this evening I will continue to write Christmas cards, which are waiting. I expect many of you have cut back this year, I know we have. And yet I love to choose and send cards to our friends.

So that's all from my lazy Sunday.
The week ahead is quite busy, and we will be having Home Communion brought to us on Tuesday which will be so nice.
No thoughts of Christmas decorating yet, not for another couple of weeks.
Hope you have all had a good weekend.

14 comments:

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Your 'lazy' Sunday sounds lovely. I like puttering kinds of days, a little of this and a little of that. Holding off on the Christmas decorating, too, for a week or so. But I have been putting around the twinkle lights in dark corners, and mugs sporting a wintry theme are nestled in the cupboard for coffee in the mornings.

Wishing you a beautiful day!
Brenda xox

elizabeth said...

lovely day by the sounds of it! Sorry that you still have to be on steroids, that is no fun! Lovely cupcakes! I hope to do Christmas cards at some point...hope to decorate this week as I am having DV people over for Dec 6th ST Nicholas day for lunch after liturgy! Am doing fish and pasta, salad, etc!

Anne Payne said...

It sounds like a nice relaxing Sunday, Barbara. Rained all day yesterday but some sun today with cool temps. I need to get my Christmas cards out and start writing them too. I gained a couple pounds over Thanksgiving. Our daughter fed some real good food ;-) {{hugs}}

Jenny said...

Oh this sounds like the best kind of a day just puttering around.

It is very cold here, there is a blizzard just north of us & we're getting such strong winds. I didn't take my walk in the woods today for fear of falling tree limbs.

I'm writing Christmas cards as I have time but I'm not sending many out this year either.

Elderberry-Rob said...

What a lovely idea to have communion brought to you. So glad you have family staying .. and cakes x

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like a lovely Sunday. I have made the Christmas cards but have yet to write them.

Rambler said...

I can picture you doing the jobs around your home as Malcolm watched the Grand Prix, the last of the season, from Abu Dhabi. Can you believe they had a little RAIN? In the middle of the desert! Yes, I watched it, too; I never miss a Grand Prix and am an avid follower of Lewis Hamilton. It was an exciting race so I'm sure Malcolm enjoyed it. I need to get myself organised for Christmas as I shall be away for a week beforehand, then bringing family back to stay until New Year. So bedrooms need sorting, cards written and posted, gifts wrapped and decorations up and ready for our return on 22nd December - just in time for granddaughter's 8th birthday on the 23rd. Phew!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Good morning! I didn't send any cards last year. I just couldn't get it done for some reason. However, Mary has inspired me to make some this year so I will be sending a few. It has gotten to the point, at least in my life, that people just don't send cards anymore and I really miss it.

Jenny said...

I love lazy Sunday’s and your sounds like it was perfect. Those cupcakes look delicious! Enjoy. Sending hugs your way.

ellen b. said...

We decided on a lazy Sunday, too. After church we went out for lunch and then came home and relaxed. It's good to have a day of rest from all the daily chores.

Visits With Mary said...

Lazy Sundays are wonderful. I love Christmas cards, they are so nice to receive and sending them makes me feel good. I've also cut back on sweets, just not healthy for us. It's hard because I do love something sweet in the afternoon with my coffee.

Anonymous said...

So good that you were able to have a lazy Sunday dear lady :)

Lorrie said...

Here it is Wednesday and I'm just getting to reading your lovely post. A quiet Sunday is such a refreshment for the week ahead. I think that when I do retire (not too far in the distance) maintaining a weekly routine will be important. Attending church sets apart Sunday, but a day in which to relax afterwards is needful.
This weekend the creche will appear, and there is a wreath on the door. That's about it for a week or two.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi! Sorry for your struggle with weight gain. I am struggling with that also. How refreshing to have a quiet Sunday. I have cut back on sending Christmas cards too. It is so nice to do and receive but the postage adds up. Nancy

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...