We have come through a very hard time but slowly we are resuming normal life again.
Without a lot of boring detail, my husband contracted both bronchial pneumonia and influenza together, so was moved to an isolation ward in the hospital. The staff were so kind and in the expectation of great sadness, allowed me to stay all day and sleep in a bed by him.
My husband is a fighter, and rallied against all expectations, surrounded by the prayers of so many friends.
Finally he is at home, still weak, a little confused but on the mend.
Thank you for all your kind wishes and enquiries.
I will come and go as I can.
23 comments:
Oh dear Barbara, I have been thinking of you so often. Thank you for updating us. You have both experienced such a hard time. I am very happy to read that Malcolm is on the mend!
Prayers will continue, lots of love and I hope you will both gain lots of energy and strength.
Love Carolien
I am so sorry, that you were brought to the place of such a sad expectation, but so happy that your husband has pulled through. I'm praying for a full recovery, which I know will be aided by being at home with such loving care.
Dear Barbara, you are so humble and accepting of what is happening to you both. I admire your faith and will add my prayers to yours for hubby to gain strength and be healthy again very soon but also for you to feel guided and strong. blessings to you both. love from Betty x
Such heart warming news about your dearest Barbara - I'm really happy he is home again and will soon be even stronger. May thoughts of springtime help you through these gloomy winter days - some fresh air and sunshine, perhaps even moments when he will sit in the garden with you, will happen.
My thoughts and prayers continue for you both xx
Such heart warming news about your dearest Barbara - I'm really happy he is home again and will soon be even stronger. May thoughts of springtime help you through these gloomy winter days - some fresh air and sunshine, perhaps even moments when he will sit in the garden with you, will happen.
My thoughts and prayers continue for you both xx
I am so glad to hear that he is home and on the mend, Elizabeth! What a hard time for you both to have gone through (((hugs))). I have been praying and was just thinking of you both this morning. Thank you for the update, and I will continue praying!
I have thought of you both often these past few weeks. I am so very glad that you are both back home together. I shall keep praying much love. Lynn xxx
Oh Barbara, I have had you in my heart and in my prayers so very often. I was so happy to see an update from you! What a very difficult time you have had. I am just so thankful that your husband is at home and that he is on the mend! I am sending lots of hugs your way and am sending lots more prayers as well!
You and your husband have been often in my prayers these last weeks. I'm so glad to hear that he is home again with you.
I am thrilled to read that he is at hoe again with you. You are in my prayers.
Hello!
I found that you'd commented on one of my posts awhile back, and I came looking for you to say hello. I want you to know that I've prayed for you and your husband this morning. If you're wondering what blogpost. It was Finding Rest For Your Soul at Harvest Lane Cottage. Be blessed and favored of the LORD in Jesus' name.https://harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com/2016/02/finding-rest-for-your-soul.html?fbclid=IwAR2mSu582vNufUi9FVEdD6CV7D7Ra_c_uS8aTRAqcAXQZ7fLO-ytoSfCBCc
I am so very glad to read that he is back home. What a difficult time this was! Will keep praying and so glad you were able to post this. Sending lots of love and more prayers as we go towards Spring and warmer weather. a big (((Hug)))!!!
You have been in my thoughts very much recently so what a relief to read this post, Barbara. I have been checking twice daily since your last post in the hope of seeing good news and it is wonderful to know that M is home again now and improving.
You must have been worried sick as you stayed alongside him in the hospital; I hope you can catch up on some decent sleep in your own bed. (((((HUGS))))) xx
Bless your hearts. What a difficult time you have been through! It is refreshing to hear that you were treated with such kindness by the hospital staff and welcomed to be present day and night with your husband.
I am glad to hear that things are turning around a bit. Home is good. Praying for strength for both of you . . .
Continued prayers❤️
We continue to pray for you both. May God bless you and surround you with his love and peace. So grateful for the kindness you experienced in the hospital.
May the Lord surround you and your dear husband with his love and comfort.
Praise God, Barbara!!! I am so happy the Lord has allowed your sweetheart to come home. I hope you can get some rest. {{hugs}}
Barbara, you both have a had a long hard road. I pray that it will be smooth and sweet from here on out. xo
Wonderful that the hospital staff were kind and accommodating, and even more wonderful that the sad outcome didn't come to pass. I pray that you can both get the rest you need, and that you will be ever more aware of your Saviour's love for you.
I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. Praying for God's peace and presence with you both today, Barbara. I'm thankful that your husband was able to come home.
How wonderful that the hospital let you stay with him while he was there, what a blessing for you both. I'm glad he's home now, praying for continued healing.
Sending you a hug Barbara.
Xxx
Post a Comment