Monday, 6 May 2019

Birth announcement.


It's a boy!
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have a son.
Well wishers have been flooding into Windsor to wave flags, open bottles of champagne, and generally celebrate.
We now know that he is called Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.

Am I being pedantic when I say I was surprised at Prince H's grammar?
'M and myself have had a baby boy??'
The usage of the 'myself' word is a minefield, I agree.
Just can't stop being a teacher.......

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray, Barbara! Have they decided on a name yet? How exciting!!

Sandi said...

I was about to congratulate you! :-)

Ok, so now we have to guess the name. I am going to say something Charles. The something will be unusual. Maybe a wisdom name like Sage or some other kind of unexpected name. Just a guess!

elizabeth said...

I am so glad; things like this should be celebrated! God bless them! (still owe you a letter...)

Granny Marigold said...

I was waiting for this news. So happy for them!!

Lorrie said...

It's always a happy day when a new life is born. We need good news in this world!

Mary said...

Didn't hear the happy news until we were sitting in a pub for supper last night (all the stores including Tesco were closed!) after we arrived in TQY! It came in a text msg from my next door neighbor in the USA!!!!

Won't be long 'til Thurs. - I'm excited!
Hugs - Mary

doodles n daydreams said...

Yes, wonderful news and Harry is so excited. It was wonderful just to see him :)

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I'm so happy for them! Can't wait to hear what they name him!

Lynn said...

I am with you about the grammar. It made me twitch! I have had to retire early from teaching because of Parkinson's Disease. It seems that you can take the girl out of teaching but you can't the teaching out of the girl! x

Lynn said...

Ironic that I then make a mistake in my comment. 🤣😂🤣

Elizabethd said...

Giggle!

ellen b. said...

Ahh, you should never stop being a teacher! :)

Pom Pom said...

Archie is a wonderful name.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I agree with you - enough said!🧚‍♀️✨💫

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...