Thursday, 9 January 2020

Bulbs


A little while ago I showed you my bulbs in their early stages.
They are now the most deliciously scented flowering hyacinths.


I'm so pleased with them, such a lovely colour....and the scent as I come into the room is amazing.

When they have finished flowering they will go into the garden. Sometimes they last another year or two.
Spring is coming!
A bouquet of joy.

17 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Yay! There are beautiful!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I want to add, that your photograph of "Winter in Cornwall," would be a gorgeous jigsaw puzzle.

Patti said...

They are beautiful! Too much Poldark has made me yearn to visit Cornwall.

ellen b. said...

Such a vibrant color. Beautiful!

Pom Pom said...

How lovely! I must get some! I love that smell!

Linda Baker said...

So pretty!! They certainly brighten up winter days..

Granny Marigold said...

Your pink Hyacinths are putting on quite a lovely show!!

Carolien said...

What a wonderful beginning of my 'computerday', thank you! I can almost smell them ;)

Love Carolien

Marigold Jam said...

Wow! I can almost smell them from here!

Beca said...

Such a pretty pop of color. I can understand your delight.
xx Beca

Mary said...

I think I can smell the fragrance - one of my favorites - from here!!!!
I've never tried to force them indoors but must try sometime - I would have to grow blue ones to match my decor. Your gorgeous tureen would soon find a home here, it's perfect!
Hoping all is good dear Barbara.
Warm hugs to you and M.

Cheryl said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Stunning in your lovely tureen! I can imagine their sweet fragrance . . .

Lorrie said...

I can just imagine their sweet fragrance! So pretty!

Jenny said...

They are so beautiful!

I've forced these before but my husband cannot breath around them. So I usually do amaryllis instead.

This year I'm trying a pot of purple crocus & a pot of pink daffodils. The crocus are up & covered with leaves but my daffies have not done anything...I do hope they bloom eventually. And I have one amaryllis without a bud yet. I potted them all very late so I hope they do well anyway.

Aritha V. said...

Wonderful!

Anne Payne said...

Wow. Those are so pretty!!! I saw some in the store and thought about buying one but I have never grown a Hyacinth before. Do they have to be in direct light in front of a window? I might could manage that. :)

I sent you an email about a book code back in Dec. Did you get it?

Linda said...

They look so pretty. I've always wanted to plant some bulbs (myself) in a pot inside, but never have. You inspire me :)

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...