Taking joy in the garden today.
The sun is out, albeit fitfully. There are little patches of colour giving hope of Spring.
Rosemary smells sweet when I pick a tiny leaf in passing.
Cyclamen are nearly over but still colourful.
A Cowslip lifts its head to the sun.
There were areas in France where Cowslips covered the ground like a carpet.
The buds on my Pear tree are looking healthy. I wonder what it will produce this year? Last year it had a good crop, but every pear was shaped like an apple!
It seems that a fairy has alighted amongst the daffodils.
Just a thought, pertaining to these serious times.
I read this, part of an article in the Huffpost (an American paper, I guess?). It was written by Marisa Bate, and to me it makes a lot of sense.
........................................
This might be a test for a generation. If society is calling on us to make the sacrifices for the long haul, we have to find a source of strength and motivation that can keep us going. Learning to look outside ourselves, as well as finding comfort and value in the things we take for granted, recognising the vast privileges the majority of us normally enjoy so thoughtlessly, might be a silver lining to the long, overcast days ahead.
So much to be thankful for.
15 comments:
I am glad that we are having this lesson during the spring and summer I think I'd find it more difficult if i knew the days were getting sorter and the weather likely to be dismal!! I agree with that article and I do think that we will learn some worthwhile life lessons from the experience in the end.
Beautiful flowers and words
Snow in the forecast makes me wish snow could clean it all away.
The amazing drop in pollution levels since the cutback in air travel is astounding. The earth is beginning to breathe again. Will we cut back on flights when all this is over? I do hope so
Yes, life will never be the same after we get through this terrible time - hopefully better, and people will be kinder.
Things escalating here in the US - we are concerned - life is going to be so hard for businesses and workers in the coming weeks.
Barbara, your flowers are lovely - we must enjoy Springtime best we can even if we can't go further than the garden.
Take care and stay well.
Mary & Bob XX
I'm so glad you are enjoying your spring garden. It is just beautiful.
I don't think any of us will be the same after this. And I think we'll find out just what we're made of....we will have to choose to face it & live or wallow in self-pity. I know we'll have moments of both but I hope most of my moments are living.
Your garden is certainly cheering and full of promise! Continuing to pray for you and your husband!
I love Cowslips because they remind me of growing up on the prairies and picking them wild although the ones we called Cowslips were a darker colour than the ones I now grow in my garden. That is, IF they came through the winter. If not I'll have to search for replacements because they are hard to find.
Cowslips were my mother's favourite, you rarely see them these days around here. Your garden is looking very cheery - I am glad that during isolation you have this to enjoy. Betty x
It makes perfect sense, the words you quoted. And I think often: we are in a part of the world that is so rich, even in these times of crisis. So much to be thankful for indeed. I count my many, many blessings everyday and now even more.
Take care, dear friend & hugs Carolien
P.S. The flowers are wonderful. I remember the carpets of cowslips in France, so lovely ...
Your garden pictures are lovely! I like the advice from the article. It is helpful and encouraging.
Stay well!
Yes! So much to be thankful for. Your garden is so pretty already. I love it. Thank you for sharing.
Beautiful post. Thank you for writing it and sharing the photos.
Your garden looks lovely Elizabeth. The Primroses are so pretty and I enjoyed the article too. Thank you. Take care. ]
You are finding joy in your spring garden, as I am. It's really not hard to find things to be thankful for, and it does change one's attitude in a positive way. Thank you for writing your cheery posts.
Your flowers are so lovely, Barbara! I am hoping to start a garden in a few weeks. I miss my apple trees and blackberry bushes at my old NC house. xo
Post a Comment