Tuesday, 26 May 2020

A bit of fury.


Madness.


This is Bournemouth beach on a sunny Bank Holiday, yesterday.
For the many of us who adhere to the rules of socal distancing and short travelling, this is unbelievable.
But, when a country has a senior minister who drives hundreds of miles in lockdown and is unapologetic, what can one expect.
(I wont go into the politics of it all, it is too frightful)
Apparently the attitude of people was....'if he can do it, why cant we?'
We wait for another surge in the death toll, which may sound dramatic, but is possible.

12 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Goodness me. It doesn't bear thinking about...

Marigold Jam said...

Why? Why do people do this whether government ministers or ordinary people? I can understand wanting to get to the beach - I want to go too but to walk alone on the sand not to be in this kind of madness. It is so unfair that the local residents of coastal towns and villages are put at risk like this and where can be the pleasure in being like sardines on the beach anyway? I am planning my trip to the beach for November!!

Deanna Rabe said...

Hopefully, there will not be a surge! We can hope that no one there had the virus.

Terri said...

It's the same here in the states. Very frustrating! I understand wanting to get out and enjoy the weather but do it in a safe manner. Sigh.

Rhonda said...

I agree being in a crowd like that us nuts!
You won’t be catch me doing that many people are ready to get back to "normal"

Mary said...

Just unbelievable - guess many people do not value life (their own or others) and just don't get it at all!
We gathered yesterday, just five family members in a 1/2 acre garden - and we social distanced - for Memorial Day and to celebrate daughter's birthday, and I didn't even get close enough to hug her! I'm hoping the thick smoke from the fire pit killed anything nasty in the air!!!
Stay well and safe Barbara XX

Jenny said...

I completely agree that we need to avoid crowds but I read this article a few weeks ago about a similar situation in California. I wonder if the photograph is making it look more crowded than it actually is?

The article is a little technical but it shows a photograph taken on the day California beaches were open then farther down a video taken the same day....the difference is amazing. And it's frustrating that the media showed the one that would get the biggest response even though it was not an accurate picture.

https://petapixel.com/2020/05/02/controversial-photo-of-crowds-on-ca-beach-was-shot-with-a-telephoto-lens/

Your photograph looks so similar that it makes me question how accurate it is.

Things are opening up here but we are staying home as much as we can. My husband still has to go to work but thankfully he's also able to work at home most of the time.

Angela said...

Jenny, I live near Bournemouth - believe me, there are photographs from all angles available- and yes the beach was crowded.[altho I acknowledge this shot DOES make it look worse] We went for a walk inland, in a quiet part of the New Forest, away from the crowds. We came home to the news that a friend- in her early 50s, is critically ill with covid19. If only people would heed the advice, this virus would not have spread so quickly and so widely

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

It is scary that many people are clueless.
Scary as well, is being in a store seeing shoppers not wearing masks.

Granny Marigold said...

I am surprised that nothing was done to limit the number of people on the beach. Definitely irresponsible.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I can't understand it - it's like some people feel they are untouchable or have had the virus so don't care if anyone else is given it. I think the police or army could have been brought in to control numbers driving to the area and restrict to those who live there. Brighton has been similar, my son's girlfriend, who lives there, wasn't able to go to the beach because of all the day trippers making it too crowded.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Two weeks ago parts of the US started opening up and cases started going up. Here in Texas they had never started going down. People don’t think this is real and I don’t understand why not.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...