Is this the best plant of any?
It's the self effacing Erigeron Karvinskianus,
Otherwise known here as 'that little white daisy'.
I have not planted nor sown one of these!
They just arrived and happily self seeded along a step.
As they cost around £5.00 per plant in a garden centre I think I'm doing well! In fact maybe I could offer some to Sarah Raven?
I'm going to see if I can prise one small one out and put it in a pot, just to see how it looks.
So good to have 'free' plants.
12 comments:
I'm with you on free plants - only thing is I seem to be only one of the people around me who actually care (or know enough) about plants to dig, split and share! They all come to me with their gardening questions - not that I mind helping - but even think I'm still young enough to plant up their beds/pots etc, haha! Hardly keeping up with my own these days - just came in from the sodden garden - rain day #3 and getting to be too much - it's back to chilly also. Tied up the few sunflowers the animals didn't eat, and the four spindly tomatoes - rabbits ate the lower leaves grrrrrr -and picked up twigs and leaves brought down by the constant rains.
Love your daisies Barbara - I may look for Erigeron K seeds or garden center plants when I get out again!
Stay well both of you - enjoy the warm weather you seem to be having now.
Mary X
Your Erigeron is magnificent. I have just one plant that is many years old, comes up and blooms every year, but has never spread at all. I wonder if our winters are too wet.
My goodness,so pretty, and free! Some are pink too? Well, obviously they are happy where they are..
Beautiful! I've spent a lot of time playing with my free plants as well as sharing them with friends. They make my world such a happy place.
Free plants planted by the former owner of our country bungalow are the best surprise I get in the spring and summer. Love these little daisies.
Love them! I too have lots of plants that just arrive unbidden and live happily in their chosen spot. I have also some foxgloves brought over as seeds from France when we moved back and nasturtiums that come every year in their chosen spot but will not be moved elsewhere. I also have some pink flowers I have no idea what they are nor where they came from but they are happily settled in the front garden - a neighbour who opens her garden under the NGS scheme asked me what they were but I couldn't tell her! I once had an amyrillis appear in our Guildford garden years ago and every year it came up looking beautiful - I wonder if it is still there?!
Very pretty and the added bonus of 'free' is a delight.
Beautiful! I love surprise flowers. Daisies are very happy plants I think. They remind me of long childhood summers x
I love self seeding plants! These are so cheery!
Free plants are a gardener's delight. Your little daisies are so pretty. I share seeds from my flowers (poppies and aquilegia) and plants like lavender and lemon balm with friends and family and they share with me. It's so lovely to have a gardening community.
Happy weekend, Barbara.
Yes, I feel the same about all the marigolds and cosmos coming back this year!
Wow! Those are lovely and wild looking!!! My favorite kind of plants :)
Post a Comment