What an explosion of petals.
My lovely Peace rose is pretending to be a ballerina, fluffing her tutu so appealingly.
It's Carers week here in England, and on my doorstep I found this lovely bouquet,
sent from our Care Agency. There's a Rose and a Peony amongst the blooms.
Apparently they send to those of us who are caring full time for a family member. What a kind thought, and so much appreciated.
Just a little bouquet of my own garden roses.
The scent is permeating my sitting room so intensely.
Do you see the pretty striped rose? She is called Scent-sation, rightly so as her perfume is very strong.
The others are Alnwick, one of David Austin's roses, Golden Gate, a strong climber, and The Shepherdess , a delicate pale pink rose.
“It’s the time that you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important…People have forgotten this truth, but you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”
– Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry
14 comments:
I love your pink striped rose for its beauty and then you add that it is named Scentsation and is noted for its scent. Oh, now I want to plant one. I ordered a red rose called Crush on You which is supposed to arrive today. How caring that you received the bouquet acknowledging what you do.
Beautiful rose! And the wallpaper behind it.
Your Peace Rose is beautiful and what a kind gesture in presenting a bouquet for you. Your garden bouquet must give off a lovely fragrance.
Lovely roses and how wonderful to find that bouquet on your steps.
God bless.
Your roses are so beautiful! And what a nice gesture to give lovely bouquets to full time care givers.
Like you, I do have a Peace rose and have had a couple of blooms so far this year. Do you keep yours pruned short Barbara - mine is almost like a climber this year and I don't know if I should prune it back for more blooms?
Lovely bouquet - Carers are 'visiting angels' that's for sure, and of course you are too!
Mary XX
Your Peace Rose is gorgeous! Ours is doing well on this side of the Pond. We've had a few blossoms already this season. I cannot imagine having so many roses to pick from my garden all at once (our bushes aren't as profuse). Your bouquet of roses is exquisite; I only wish I could stick my nose in for a smell of their fragrance. And how lovely to get that pretty Carers bouquet.
Wishing you a beautiful weekend, Barbara.
Brenda xox
It's good that your community recognizes those who care for loved ones at home. It's loving, but tiring.
Wonderful roses. They are being enjoyed here, too. Your Peace Rose is just stunning. And the candy-striped blossom is a cheerful addition to your beautiful bouquet.
Have a lovely weekend, Barbara.
All of your bouquets are gorgeous! Your house must smell like sweet perfume..
Blessings, Linda
So lovely for the Carers to give the cheerful bouquets! It is amazing how such a gesture can bolster the spirit! Your garden roses are beautiful. I am sure that they bring you much joy.
Beautiful bouquets. So thoughtful to receive one for been a carer, a wonderful gesture.
What lovely flowers. So well deserved, being a carer is love in action.
You're a wonderful caregiver! The flowers are gorgeous and so sweet.
A lovely gesture...
And I am sure you deserve it.
Post a Comment