Saturday, 24 October 2020

The Test. 

Today I had a completely new experience.

I was tested for Coronavirus. Imagine, a year ago we wouldnt even have known what that meant.

The tests were held at a Scout hut outside Truro so I didnt have to go far. The staff were masked and gowned but still managed to be kind and sympathetic.


Next week I have to go to the local hospital for breathing tests linked to Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Apparently all the systems are rigidly in place, but that doesn't mean I won't worry.

It is mandatory to have the covid test before any procedure in hospital.

So that was this week's very new, and not the most comfortable, experience.

18 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers your test is negative

Lorrie said...

It's such a different world than it once was. I hope your breathing tests go well next week. (And that the Covid test is negative!)

Granny Marigold said...

Hopefully all will go as smoothly as possible. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Frugally challenged said...

I have a test every month. It's slightly unpleasant but it's over in seconds.

I hope the breathing tests go as well.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh my, Barbara, more stuff to contend with. Prayers for grace through these tests and hope for good results on the other end. Heart hugs, Brenda xo

Terri said...

I'm sorry you are having to go through all this. Praying for you!

elizabeth said...

oh dear! will be praying for you!!! many HUGS and lots of love!

Jackie said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

God bless.

Lynn said...

All good wishes, Barbara. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. X

Elderberry-Rob said...

will be thinking of you, hope they don't keep you in, it's good that they are testing people before bringing them in and that they are getting back to carrying out other vital hospital services. I hope you don't come home with anything to worry about. x

ellen b. said...

Hope all goes well with the test and your procedure. Strange times we are living in.

Mary said...

Dear Barbara, really sorry to learn of this latest possible health issue. Hope and pray all the tests will come back negative. Know we are thinking of you. . . . chin up and carry on, I'm hoping life gets better soon.
Big hugs - Mary X

Helen said...

From Bend Oregon, hoping your COVID test is negative and hospital tests have a good outcome.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I've had that test and it is not fun! I hope that your test result is negative. {{HUGS}}

Linda said...

Praying for your healing - hugs

Naomi (Angel Numbers) said...

I am sure you'll come out of this fine. God bless you! Regards Naomi https://divineangelnumbers.com/

Cheryl said...

I am sorry that you needed to have the test. My daughter recently had to have one too. Not a picnic, is it?

Prayers that all is well, both with your test and your upcoming procedures!

Anne Payne said...

I hope you test negative, and that all goes well with your procedure in the hospital!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...