Somehow it's been hard to find enthusiasm for decorating this year. Whether it's because we are all tired, or whether we dont want to shop, I dont know. Normally I would be walking the lane finding all sorts of greenery and berries, but this year I have just foraged in the garden.
A little wreath hangs on the front door. Made of natural greenery, holly berries, dried orange slices and with some tiny lights attached, it makes a welcoming entrance.
Feeling underwhelmed by the thought of creativity this year, I just gathered up a trug full of baubles and placed my angels and candles either side.
This patchwork comes out every year. Made many years ago in France, it was a 'goal' for me while my husband was in rehab following a stroke.
I received a surprise yesterday from the Care Agency whose Carers look after my husband.This beautiful table centre arrived at my door, delivered by the Manager, with Christmas wishes. Wasn't that kind!
I added the candle to it.
17 comments:
That was a kind surprise to receive. Your front door wreath is very festive and cheerful!
Hi Barbara, it all looks calm and lovely. What a kind gesture from the care company!
The natural wreath on your door is lovely. Mine is artificial and I've used it for many years. Maybe it's time for a new one.
I like the arrangement with the trug and angels. So festive.
Your garden forage has brought about a lovely welcoming wreath for your door. And your display of trug and baubles and angels and candles looks cheerful and festive. And what a nice surprise from the Care Agency. It's beginning to look like Christmas.....
Beautiful wreath and decorations
I absolutely love your front door wreath! Your decorations are lovely and cheerful. The surprise centerpiece is beautiful!
Even when we are tired and unenthusiastic (because life is hard), we can rejoice because He is Emmanuel (God with us). What an awesome thought!
Your wreath looks lovely, especially with the additions of dried fruit and twinkly lights - a really nice welcome at the door. Lovely to receive a gift, especially something so festive, your table arrangement, along with your mantle display looks very Christmassy. I think the things we make and keep to bring out each year are always the best, your sewing is so beautiful, I still have the little embroidered case you gave me years ago which I keep my flower seed packets in :)
Love your beautiful natural decorations so much nice than too much gaudy stuff anyway. I haven't yet got round to putting aything up yet and like you don't really have the enthusiasm for it though will make an effort before the day!
It's looking festive in your lovely Cornish home dear Barbara. The beautiful table centerpiece will bring a glow on dark days - a kind thought from the caregivers, bless them.
I don't think many of us are going overboard with decorating this year - in fact I'm already thinking that as I'm not missing the items I didn't unpack from the last storage box, I will surely have to edit my holiday decor yet again after Christmas and perhaps keep less to store from hereon!
Thinking of you and M - stay well.
It looks beautiful! I understand the not feeling much like decorating this year. Simple is fine!
Such a nice gift to receive during this Christmas season, and your front door wreath is so pretty. It's a nice way to greet your guest. Merry Christmas.
What a beautiful gift, so very thoughtful. Your decor is looking wonder, I love the door wreath.
It all looks very lovely and festive, Elizabeth. Such a pretty wreath on the front door.
Love that table centre in the last picture.
I think your Christmas decorating is perfect, Barbara! It looks very serene. How sweet that you received such pretty greenery!
I love your lovely, welcoming wreath!
It’s been a hard year, and it’s okay to focus on the Reason for the Season, and not worry about a lot of decorating. What you’ve done is special to you and that centerpiece was a delightful surprise!
Your home does look festive. It doesn't take much. With young grandchildren, it's hard not to decorate. I do love the lights and the color and season. I decided that despite the difficult year, I wasn't going to give in to it. We've managed to stay healthy and really that's all that counts. I hope that you and your husband are well, too.
Post a Comment