Following Angela's 'not quite pause in Advent'.
Lighting the second candle on my Advent wreath today.
What a journey. Would we walk almost ninety miles today? In the cold.
It made me think about the journey we have all been on this year, unwanted, unexpected and very frightening. Both Mary and Joseph must have felt those emotions as they travelled through territories that were less than friendly. Not knowing where they would sleep, not knowing how close they were to having their baby.
It made me realise just how many of my journeys are not necessary, and how much easier it has been to stay at home this year


13 comments:
Thank you for your post today. Yes, this year has been a strange wander through the days and months, and I like your comparison to that journey taken by Mary and Joseph so long ago. Uncertainty is not something we enjoy. I'm thankful that the Lord who came continues to walk with us on our journeys today.
You are very right. And to be honest, I even enjoy being more at home. We don't need so much, do we?!
Have a good second week of Advent!
Well that's a good point, I think we all now think carefully about whether our journey is necessary; when I walk it needs to be with purpose. During the strictest times of lockdown the opportunity to go for a walk has been so important for me and I will never forget how much value that has.
Beautiful post. Our journey through this season will be brigheter because we know we are all in this together.
I totally agree with your meaningful post. May you and your family have a blessed Advent.
Linda
In my Catholic tradition the Second Candle of Advent stands for Love. Love of Christ, love of the Holy Family, love of our friends and family, and love of our fellow man.
I love learning the meanings behind other faith's Advent traditions (heck pretty much all the different traditions interest me). Thank you for sharing your tradition with all of us.
God bless.
Thank you for this pause in Advent. Have a blessed week.
This year has certainly been a strange and unexpected journey! How blessed we are that He directs our steps!
Your thoughts made me think, too. I wouldn't want to go on any journey without Jesus. Have an good week.
Found you on Jackie's blog. I often think of Mary traveling on a donkey, maybe in labor? I guess I would have preferred to walk! I think of the comfort the shepherds must have been to Mary and Joseph, coming to worship and remind them that this was the true son of god. After having a baby in a stable they probably needed to be reminded.
Your post is beautiful. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were getting on. This can be a lonely time of the year, but I guess we are getting more familiar with loneliness than ever expected. I have been finding more and more comfort in the true fact that we have a Savior who is always with us. We are never truly alone.
Merry Christmas, sweet friend.
Connie :)
I think Advent has been very special to us this year.
Amen, Barbara! Though I think many are feeling tired of staying home, I am quite content to be home. xo
Post a Comment