Friday, 4 December 2020

 HELP!



I need a tutorial. New Blogger is so much harder to cope with.

I can't get a new background on the blog, the old method seems to have disappeared.

I would like to have a blog list on the side of blogs that I enjoy, one that comes up with new posts. I see so many of you have this.

Please help this pathetic untechnologically minded lady!!

Update.

I've managed to add a background. Now I need to change other colours on the page. It used to be very easy previously and I wish I hadn't changed anything!

11 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Click on Layout > Theme Designer upper right. From there you can change the background; on that page, click on Layout to change the template to add a right or left column.
In some templates, when you change the header photo, you might have to change back the backgrounds for the header, images, footer and date.
Good luck

Jackie said...

I am just glad that most of what I had on the old blogger migrated over to the new one. I haven't dared change anything yet. So I will be reading the replies to get some ideas on how to do things as well.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

I hope someone can help you. I rely on grown children here to help me. I hesitate to try to change anything on my blog because I'm afraid I'll mess up hopelessly.

ellen b. said...

I hope you can sort this out with the help of fellow bloggers.

mamasmercantile said...

I rely on family and friends, sadly I am useless.

Terri said...

Barbara, to add a blog list go to Layout and it'll show the layout of your page. Under sidebar there is a button that says "Add a Gadget". Click on that and then scroll down until you see Blog List. Click on the plus sign and it'll open a new box. You can add in each blog you want added and then hit "save". That should work.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Looks like terry and salty have the answers Good luck

elizabeth said...

I don't know but hope you can figure it out. a big HUG

Lorrie said...

I'm reading this late, but I hope you've found some success from the comments from Terri and Salty. It is a bit confusing. I had some gadgets on my sidebar that don't work unless I re-install them now after the change. Frustrating!

Cheryl said...

Oh heavens. I, too, am late to read this, but I am very little technical help anyway. Besides changing my blog header seasonally, I haven't changed a thing in years for fear of my blog falling down a dark hole and not being able to get it back. I hope that you are able to get the help you need!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with the new blogger, it has certainly caused issues for everyone. I hope that some of the other ladies have been of assistance to you! Trusting that you are having a blessed Christmas season, with love and hugs sent to you!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...