Thursday, 18 November 2021

Leaves around the tree.

 My Cherry tree is almost denuded of leaves. Although it is sad to see it so bare, I have enjoyed watching the leaves gradually pile up on the lawn., surrounding the tree with a protective circle. 

 The colours, shades of red, orange, yellow and brown have sung to me and brought back those lovely memories of scuffling through the crunchy Autumn leaves as a child..


Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
Emily Bronte


I hug a little secret to myself.... the tree will not be lonely, for under it are planted Snowdrops, which as the Spring approached will surround it with a snowy circle.
I'm waiting.....

14 comments:

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I love how leaves often wreath around their tree base - a mirror of what once grew above. And I giggle thinking of your little secret waiting to emerge come Spring.

elizabeth said...

So wonderful about the snowdrops ❤🙏

Frugally challenged said...

Ah, snowdrops are the best! Such promises in each one.

(But I love autumn leaves too!)

Granny Marigold said...

Autumn leaves are as beautiful as Summer flowers in their own way.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I love this time of year, when things die down and hide surprises that will pop up in months to come! I have yet to find a way of preserving leaves - when I press them they always turn out crumbly, I suppose nothing lasts for ever but photography and blogging holds our memories well :) I am going to make a nature table today and bring some of that Autumn colour indoors I wish you were my neighbour as I would come and make you one too!

Terri said...

I love autumn leaves on the tree and on the ground. We are surrounded by neighbors who run outside and crazily start raking the leaves the second they are on the ground. It's an obsession! And of course, we start to feel the pressure when we are the only house on the street with leaves still on the lawn. I miss living in the country! lol We do get them off, but I sure would like to enjoy them a bit more. My feeling is until they are all off the trees what is the point?

Lorrie said...

Leaves forming wreaths around trees is something I've noticed this year, too. They are so lovely. How much fun to hold the secret of the snowdrops in anticipation.

Jackie said...

Our cherry trees and the pear tree leaves have done the same thing.

God bless.

Rambler said...

The Snowdrops in my garden hide under the Camellia bushes and I love to see the first green shoots then white buds appearing in early Spring, followed swiftly by the Hellebores of different shades - purple, pink, brown-spotted blooms held low. A New Year has begun!

ellen b. said...

Pretty leaves. It will be a happy day when those snowdrops push through!

Cheryl said...

I absolutely love seeing the colorful leaves, on trees or on the ground. I am an autumn girl at heart! But since you're a warm weather girl, I am sure that your secret brings delight as you anticipate the spring of the year.

Sara said...

The autumn colors are so warm and inviting (and my personal favorites), but now that you've told us about them, I am looking forward to that circle of snowdrops to appear!

Rhondi said...

Glad to see you are still blogging! Thinking of the good old days of blogging. You were living in France then! I don't blog anymore but I am on Instagram @rhondimullins

Kezzie said...

AH, your leaves are so pretty! And I love the secret company of Snowdrops- biding their time until it's their moment!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...