Friday, 16 December 2022

Trelissick decorated.

 You have heard me talk about our nearby National Trust property, Trelissick, I think. Overlooking the water and surrounded by parkland, it's a favourite place to visit.

This morning a friend and I went to see the main house, not always open, decorated for Christmas.

The spectacular wreath adorns the front door.


The entry Hall is beautifully decorated with mantel swags, and trees.

We had a very nice cup of coffee, sitting in comfortable armchairs in one of the many rooms overlooking the open waters of the Falmouth Bay.

Christmas trees were in every room, swags decorated the mantels and stairs, and the whole place was beautifully Christmassy. Here we are looking through to the Orangery, which has the tallest Christmas tree in the house.

So much time and thpught had been put into the decorating, and we thought the stairway was stunning.

Can't you imagine living here and having a huge family Christmas in such a lovely place?

One last look...

We enjoyed our visit. I wish you could have been with us!



17 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

how beautiful, the door wreath is fantastic, I gathered holly and ivy today to make mine :) it was very cold work. I love the last pic on your post of the floral arrangement on the mantlepiece.

Anonymous said...

So lovely!

Deanna Rabe

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely post, thank you. I read all your blog posts but don’t normally comment. Just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your posts and this one was wonderful. What a lovely home and I thought the staircase decorations were perfect. Living here in the desert of the US, seeing such wonderful homes in a milder climate makes me wistful. ;). Thanks again, Hilogene in Az.

ellen b. said...

What a lovely place to enjoy a cup of coffee with a friend. I really like to visit places like this one when decorated for Christmas.

Granny Marigold said...

Trelissick looks like a beautiful place and I enjoyed seeing everything from the gorgeous wreath on the door to the little sitting area in the last photo. Christmas trees in every room!!

Lorrie said...

What a beautiful place to visit with a friend. I love all the trees and mantel swags. They are so rich and full. We are planning a visit to Butchart Gardens tomorrow night to see all of their lights, but it will be a cold walk.

Angela said...

And how lovely to visit the place with a friend, and enjoy proper National Trust coffee together. They always work so hard to decorate their properties well for Christmas

Carolien said...

Thank you for this wonderful tour, it looks fabulous!

Have a good 4th Advent Sunday!
Love Carolien

Catherine said...

It is so beautiful.

elizabeth said...

Oh that is very beautiful ❤️🎄🎄🎄 love and prayers 🙏 continued 🥰❤️

Anonymous said...

Hello Barbara, it made me glad to know you had such a heart- warming and fun outing.
... It looks glorious and that stair run is absolutely stunning, as you say. I went to Rosewarrne college ( Camborne) to do floristry a long time ago - we, as a group decorated Truro Country Hall in similar style one year, long ago. The big heavy swags were huge to make! It was so festive. Christmas blessings to you. x

Elizabethd said...

So many comments come through as anonymous! I'd love to know who people are.

Barwitzki said...

How wonderfully lucky to be able to enjoy this beautiful house in the Christmas glow...along with a cup of coffee with a wonderful view. Splendid.
Many greetings to you and thank you for the beautiful photos. Viola

Barwitzki said...

... I also get a lot of anonymous comments... unfortunately this runs automatically and is not intended by the sender

Anonymous said...

Oh that comment was me - Alex ! Sorry Barbara, I don' t know how that happened. I was, and still am in bed with a nasty dose of Covid, though. The brain fog.....

Anne Payne said...

Wow, that's a stunningly beautiful home!!! I would have loved to tour it with you, Barbara! :-)

Sandi said...

Lovely decor!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...