Friday, 29 September 2023

September roses.

 

Roses at the end of September? 

I thought they had all finished, but here is The Shepherdess with her last few blooms.


Orient Express has a final flower.
She has produced very beautiful flowers through the season.


Zephirine Drouhin is often the first and last to flower. Her flowers are now small but the  scent is still strong and very lovely.



"Do not watch the petals fall from the rose with sadness, know that, like life, things sometimes must fade, before they can bloom again"

Unknown.

15 comments:

Teri said...

So pretty.

ellen b. said...

Lovely surprises.

elizabeth said...

beautiful! the last glimpses of summer's beauty!

Sandi said...

So lovely.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm amazed at the lovely roses that still bloom in your garden at this, the end of September.

Jackie said...

Such loveliness at the end of the season.

God bless.

Poppypatchwork said...

I have the final two yellow roses in bloom here. Yours are stunning, enjoy whilst they last.

Catherine said...

We also have quite a lot of roses in the garden in October !

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Ohhh, what lovely roses. They are such a delight at this time of year. Every day is a bonus when they are still blooming. Heart hugs to you, Barbara. xo

Deanna Rabe said...

Lovely!

Vagabonde said...

These are lovely roses. I used to have a rose garden near Atlanta, Georgia, but with time and my husband’s long illness they disappeared. Here in Nashville I only have one but will plant some more. Yours are so pretty.

Pom Pom said...

Lovely roses, B! Wow! I hope you have a beautiful fall!

Lorrie said...

Late season roses are such a treat. I arrived home last night and was out in the garden in the dark. This morning I see that there are quite a number of roses blooming and I hope to cut a bouquet later. There is also a LOT of trimming to do.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...


Beautiful Rose blooms. Thank you for sharing these lovely flowers in your garden.

Terri said...

We have one little pitiful rose bush which I hesitate even calling a bush as it's a stalk. But it produces a couple of roses each year and bloomed well into the end of September. Your roses are gorgeous!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...